View Full Version : cold hands. . . and feet

seadogg
03-26-2010, 07:20 PM
my second outing to mary's pond for trout was definately less productive, although it was pleasant. . . to a degree. 35 degrees i think! i just returned home to find my hands and legs still cold, even after the 30 minute drive back. no fish, but it was nice to be the only one out there. after a solid hour of wading and casting fruitlessly i'm glad i gave it a shot, but boy i can't wait for the warm weather and cows to come rolling in! till then, it's trout, cold hands, and cold feet. just happy to be casting!!

striperman36
03-26-2010, 07:25 PM
they didn't stock it yet

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Was there last weekend after fishing in Sandwich we managed a few but nothing to write home about. Trout get boring quick. They do taste nice though.

seadogg
03-26-2010, 07:35 PM
striperman are you sure? i was there on tuesday and there were quite a few people. someone actually told me they stocked it 2 mondays ago. hey, maybe not though. anyway i casted for about a half hour in the rain, landing 3 'bows and missing a good handful to short strikes. they were pretty aggressive and seemed to be in concentrated groups, atypical of holdovers.

striperman36
03-26-2010, 07:57 PM
MassWildlife - Pond Maps in Southeast District (http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pond_maps_sd.htm)

maybe

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-27-2010, 07:52 AM
striperman are you sure? i was there on tuesday and there were quite a few people. someone actually told me they stocked it 2 mondays ago. hey, maybe not though. anyway i casted for about a half hour in the rain, landing 3 'bows and missing a good handful to short strikes. they were pretty aggressive and seemed to be in concentrated groups, atypical of holdovers.

I'm almost positive it was stocked on that Tues not Monday. Not sure but yes it was stocked for sure.

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-27-2010, 07:57 AM
MassWildlife - Trout Stocking Schedule - Southeast District (http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/recreation/fishing/trout/trout_stocking_sd.htm)

FishermanTim
03-29-2010, 10:07 AM
The inceased water levels will have a negative effect on fishing, mainly because it changes the depth of the water (Doh) and it can churn up the pond bottom where the water runs in. This churning stirs up the bottom, exposing dormant insect larva and providing food for the fish.

At least the herring shouldn't have much trouble getting upstream this year.