View Full Version : We're flooded.I think I'm going to be sick.

basswipe
03-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Its that bad.My basement has never even been moist.Fully fisnished and now fully flooded.I just don't know what to do,I really don't.

I really don't know what to do.

striperman36
03-30-2010, 06:00 PM
watch speed channel?

BigFish
03-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Drink heavily??:gu::gu: Sorry to hear. Take it in stride. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone....lots of folks are in the same boat right now. It sucks!

JamesJet
03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Its tough, and the mental aspect of not being able to stop it is difficult to deal with. Mine is unfinished but a lot of things were thrown out during the last big storm, some of my tools have rusted and to be honest the basement never fully dried.

I am certainly going to make some improvements once this gets all dried out.

Raven
03-30-2010, 06:25 PM
what kind of fishing gear will that insurance check buy....?

Sweetwater
03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
My business partner's house is 30 years old and has never had a drop of water in the basement. Spent much of the day getting him set up with pumps to remove the water. Finished basement too :(

jbuck
03-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Norm , I have one house with 5 feet of water in it.
the owner left for england yesterday and said the pump was working fine.

The electric panel was 1/2 way under water. had to have the power to the house shut off, so the fire dept. would pump it down.

The sad part is I don't think we have seen the worst of it yet.

Jeff

BigFish
03-30-2010, 07:22 PM
what kind of fishing gear will that insurance check buy....?

Unless you are fortunate enough to have flood insurnace (many have never had any water as many have stated) so they will not see much in the way of financial assistance from the insurance assho......I mean....insurance companies!:uhuh: I am hearing $2,000.00 max on homeowners???

JohnR
03-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Norm, same boat. Just pumping. Do you have a pump?

Clammer
03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
add me to the list .I knew I shouldn,t have fixed up the basement :smash:

But I can :fishin: without leaving the house ><><><

basswipe
03-30-2010, 10:38 PM
I just can't keep up with the water coming in.Done for the night I am tired.The damage is done,no point in trying to do anything now.

This is truly unbelievable what has happened and yet I damn well know there are those that have it so much worse and yet all I have to do is look and all I want to do is cry.Jane is already crying.

buckman
03-31-2010, 05:41 AM
It's being handled,
Obama declares federal disaster in MA | WWLP.com (http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/massachusetts/obama-declares-fed-disaster-area-in-ma)

Grandparents basement flooded. 1st time ever on a 90 year old home.

basswipe
03-31-2010, 06:04 AM
All the work we did yesterday and there's more water than when we started.

I'm am going to be sick.

striperman36
03-31-2010, 06:43 AM
It's being handled,
Obama declares federal disaster in MA | WWLP.com (http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/massachusetts/obama-declares-fed-disaster-area-in-ma)

Grandparents basement flooded. 1st time ever on a 90 year old home.

He'll be here tomorrow to personally bail us out

basswipe
03-31-2010, 06:55 AM
We're on the Fire Department's list to get pumped out.That's something.

striperman36
03-31-2010, 06:57 AM
they've been work round the clock.
I'll be in the area tomorrow and friday. pm me i'll stop by

maybe i'll get wisdom from spence

MakoMike
03-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Sorry for you guys, this was the 100 year storm. I got lucky and the sump pump (so far) is keeping the water at bay. If they shut of the power, like they are saying they might, I'll be in the same situation as you guys.

Crafty Angler
03-31-2010, 11:28 AM
That's stinks, Norm - I hope you and Sweet Jane are doing okay

Don't know if the Gamefish print you guys won at the 1st Habs contest and Jane really liked a lot got trashed in the rec room with the basement flooding but I've got one left I'd be happy to give it you guys to replace it

It's not much and maybe it sounds silly at this point but it's a start and maybe it'll help you both start to think about better days ahead

basswipe
03-31-2010, 05:06 PM
That's stinks, Norm - I hope you and Sweet Jane are doing okay

Don't know if the Gamefish print you guys won at the 1st Habs contest and Jane really liked a lot got trashed in the rec room with the basement flooding but I've got one left I'd be happy to give it you guys to replace it

It's not much and maybe it sounds silly at this point but it's a start and maybe it'll help you both start to think about better days ahead

That print is on the living room wall but we do appreciate the offer.

basswipe
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Well the water is pumped out and we threw out almost everything that touched water which was a lot.The really bad thing is Jane's office can't be used anytime in the foreseable future and we had to set up a less than ideal one upstairs

Been wet vaccing after several dumpster runs.Today was garbage day and they took a ton of crap too.Now we're in drying mode.We just need more de-humidifiers and fans.Then get a professionally installed sump system and then have the damage inspected and repaired.

All in all after seeing what others are going through we didn't have it so bad.It sucks but we'll survive for sure.

I haven't eaten or showered in since Monday night.The hard work is done so I'm going to remedy those two things right now and then its couch time.

Nighty-nite boys and girls.

afterhours
03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
spent the day pumping out shop....this sucks.

basswipe
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Went to work today.Came home and removed all the wet sheetrock and insulation.Added more fans and have also fans in the windows now.Things are looking good.I'm seeing dry spots!!!

Sometimes I forget who I work for...I've access to a core-bore drill and will putting in my own sump-pump system.

striperman36
04-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Went to work today.Came home and removed all the wet sheetrock and insulation.Added more fans and have also fans in the windows now.Things are looking good.I'm seeing dry spots!!!

Sometimes I forget who I work for...I've access to a core-bore drill and will putting in my own sump-pump system.

I will enjoy seeing those pics.
people are work today were sayin most houses, portsmouth middletown, same thing.

water table issue.

Tagger
04-01-2010, 08:33 PM
The only thing worse than having water in your house is having mold growing everywhere . My water is gone ,, the work has just begun ..

angler229
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
The only thing worse than having water in your house is having mold growing everywhere . My water is gone ,, the work has just begun ..

You ain't kidding. I spent the day bringing my basement out onto the back lawn and barely made a dent. A lot more work coming up over the next few days and a dumpster. :wall::wall::wall:

afterhours
04-02-2010, 06:30 AM
running fans, dehumidifiers, opened all windows, tossed out a lot of stuff, gonna spray 50/50 bleach water mix on lower walls...........only good thing is floor got washed and i tossed out a bunch of stuff :). shop down until mid next week at busiest time of the year :smash:

basswipe
04-02-2010, 03:55 PM

Just got home from work.Time to work.

Actually no.I'm going to lite a fire and burn some good meat and then drink a case of UFO Pale Ale.

I'll finish with this crap tomorrow.

spence
04-02-2010, 04:12 PM
water table issue.
In my neighborhood the water table is incredibly high, a lot of places it's less than two feet down and there are a number of springs that just empty on the road.

We only had water as my foundation is leaking, but not any worse than the other hard rains last month...

-spence

striperman36
04-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Just got home from work.Time to work.

Actually no.I'm going to lite a fire and burn some good meat and then drink a case of UFO Pale Ale.

I'll finish with this crap tomorrow.

Only a case? I can stop by next week on the way back from work if you need help

basswipe
04-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Only a case? I can stop by next week on the way back from work if you need help

I certainly appreciate the offer my friend but we're actually pretty decent now.

Every wet thing is gone and its bare bones now.The only thing left to do is break out the bleach and get cleaning.Next week will be core-boring the hole for the new permanent sump.

Tonight is steak and beer and hopefully something a little more night.Jane and I deserve one worry free night.

Plus I haven't listened to any decent music.I need to hear Iron Maiden very freakin loud.....screw the neighbors!!!

striperman36
04-02-2010, 04:26 PM
I certainly appreciate the offer my friend but we're actually pretty decent now.

Every wet thing is gone and its bare bones now.The only thing left to do is break out the bleach and get cleaning.Next week will be core-boring the hole for the new permanent sump.

Tonight is steak and beer and hopefully something a little more night.Jane and I deserve one worry free night.

I must go by everyday I work at my Newport office. I'd still like to meet sometime.
Spence on the other hand remains, Spence