View Full Version : Freedom of Speech

Fly Rod
03-31-2010, 08:37 AM
Protesters win in court citing 1st amendment rights, as they showed up to Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Sydner's funeral. The Court of appeals throws out lower courts decision favoring the father of the slain Marine. Father ordered to pay Protesters court fees of more then 16,000.00 which the father may have to sell his home to pay. Supreme Court to review Court of Appeals decision.

Bill O'Reilly to the rescue and will pay the judgement for the father.

Swimmer
03-31-2010, 09:10 AM
I would have sent $100.00 to help pay that one.

PaulS
03-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Good for Bill!

I'm really of mixed minds on this. I think the church folks (it's really just a crazy family) are despicable people for both the protesting and the reason they protest but don't want to stifle free speech. I believe that when they protest they have to do it far enough away so that the people at the funeral cannot hear them (I don't think the father even knew they were around). I feel sorry for the families who are dealing with the death of a loved one and then have to deal with this crap also.

I didn't realize that if you sue someone and lose you end up paying court costs?????

JohnnyD
03-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Nothing is sacred any more. Just as the KKK are protected to run around in their costumes, these pathetic excuses of people get to wave their signs and yell.

We can only hope that someone leverages their actions to support a good cause. Or someone takes justice into their own hands.

I'd like to know how they are financed. Each on of these "protests" of theirs have got to be pretty expensive to fly everyone out, put them up in a hotel for the night. Not to mention the rising cost of paper and crayons lately.

buckman
03-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Good for Bill!

I didn't realize that if you sue someone and lose you end up paying court costs?????

I also thought that this was not the case.

Fly Rod
03-31-2010, 02:04 PM
"If you are the plaintive and lose in Court, You Pay! :rotf2::rotf2: You will see this happening more and more.

Not to long ago I read where a person sued his defense attorney and won a judgement against him because the defense attorney lost the case. And the attorney was :fury:

JohnnyD
03-31-2010, 02:55 PM
If you're the plaintiff and lose, you *should* have to pay. With how ridiculous this country has gotten concerning everyone suing everyone for the slightest of things.

Fat people suing McDonald's because their fat.
Careless people suing Dunkin Donuts because the coffee is too hot.
Burglars suing property owners because they were injured while trying to steal from the house.
Parents suing video game makers because their kids committed a crime and it "can't be our fault."

If I sue my landlord because the color of the walls offends me and they won't change it, should they have to pay the legal fees to defend themselves because I'm suing them over an unreasonable request?

scottw
03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Fat people suing McDonald's because their fat.
Careless people suing Dunkin Donuts because the coffee is too hot.
Burglars suing property owners because they were injured while trying to steal from the house.
Parents suing video game makers because their kids committed a crime and it "can't be our fault."

If I sue my landlord because the color of the walls offends me and they won't change it, should they have to pay the legal fees to defend themselves because I'm suing them over an unreasonable request?

all Obama voters :uhuh::rotf2: