View Full Version : At least it wasn't my money...

JohnnyD
03-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Just like many others in here, it pisses me off when my involuntarily paid tax dollars are wasted. I can't imagine my level of anger if money I donated, that I could have used to get a lap dance, was used by someone else to enjoy some T&A.

High flyer: RNC Chairman Steele suggested buying private jet with GOP funds | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment (http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/29/high-flyer-rnc-chairman-steele-suggested-buying-private-jet-with-gop-funds/)
Once on the ground, FEC filings suggest, Steele travels in style. A February RNC trip to California, for example, included a $9,099 stop at the Beverly Hills Hotel, $6,596 dropped at the nearby Four Seasons, and $1,620.71 spent [update: the amount is actually $1,946.25] at Voyeur West Hollywood, a bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex.
I can't say I don't appreciate their venue of choice. However, if I were a donor to the RNC, I wouldn't want it paid for on my dime.

What does this say about a party that has taken an obstructionist approach to prevent the democrats from wasting the taxpayer's money (often times, justifiably), yet has no issues wasting the money their donors have given to be used to turn the party's political situation around?

**Edit**
I guess today brings multiple shots in the foot for the RNC and Republican party as a whole today.
Legal experts say Hunter's submission of such statements under oath is a serious ethical and professional breach which could warrant a bar review and potential disbarment. At the time, Hunter was serving as deputy counsel to the Republican National Committee.
Exclusive: FEC commissioner helped RNC conceal role in 2004 vote suppression (http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0330/fec-commissioner-conceal-vote-suppression/)
ACORN who?

scottw
03-31-2010, 11:32 AM
hey JD...the best part of the story is that the lesbian sex imitators were all Sarah Palin look alikes...VERY STEAAMY!!!

he should immediately switch parties and claim his behavior to be perfectly acceptable and in line with the standards set by the democrats:rotf2:

let's see $1,946.25 versus $12 Trillion plus...I don't know.....almost exactly the same I guess...

JohnnyD
03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
hey JD...the best part of the story is that the lesbian sex imitators were all Sarah Palin look alikes...VERY STEAAMY!!!

he should immediately switch parties and claim his behavior to be perfectly acceptable and in line with the standards set by the democrats:rotf2:

Ah yes... a typical intelligent, thought-provoking yet nonsense filled response from you.

scottw
03-31-2010, 11:37 AM
I specialize in nonsense:uhuh:

fishbones
03-31-2010, 11:38 AM
As a voter, I'm more concerned that they spent money at a topless nightclub. Why wouldn't they pick an all nude place? To me, that brings into question their common sense, or lack of it. And $2K isn't all that much if you're with a group of guys and having fun. I hope there wasn't more than 5 of them there.

striperman36
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM
As a voter, I'm more concerned that they spent money at a topless nightclub. Why wouldn't they pick an all nude place? To me, that brings into question their common sense, or lack of it. And $2K isn't all that much if you're with a group of guys and having fun. I hope there wasn't more than 5 of them there.

bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex. They must be err ahhhh, not into that

fishbones
03-31-2010, 12:24 PM
bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex. They must be err ahhhh, not into that

Isn't everyone into that? I'd prefer all nude, but topless lesbian bondage sex is better than regular lesbian bondage sex.:drool:

buckman
03-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Just like many others in here, it pisses me off when my involuntarily paid tax dollars are wasted. I can't imagine my level of anger if money I donated, that I could have used to get a lap dance, was used by someone else to enjoy some T&A.

High flyer: RNC Chairman Steele suggested buying private jet with GOP funds | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment (http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/29/high-flyer-rnc-chairman-steele-suggested-buying-private-jet-with-gop-funds/)

I can't say I don't appreciate their venue of choice. However, if I were a donor to the RNC, I wouldn't want it paid for on my dime.

What does this say about a party that has taken an obstructionist approach to prevent the democrats from wasting the taxpayer's money (often times, justifiably), yet has no issues wasting the money their donors have given to be used to turn the party's political situation around?

**Edit**
I guess today brings multiple shots in the foot for the RNC and Republican party as a whole today.

Exclusive: FEC commissioner helped RNC conceal role in 2004 vote suppression (http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0330/fec-commissioner-conceal-vote-suppression/)
ACORN who?

It's an awesome way to spend money!
You can stimulate the economy and your self for the same buck:biglaugh:

striperman36
03-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Isn't everyone into that? I'd prefer all nude, but topless lesbian bondage sex is better than regular lesbian bondage sex.:drool:

Imitation sex

JohnnyD
03-31-2010, 02:43 PM
The prevalence of double-standards in here are incredible.

"If my guys do it, it's ok. But god forbid, if your guys do it though."

scottw
03-31-2010, 02:53 PM

double standards and lesbian sex...hmmmm?

hey, what constitutes "imitating lesbian sex"...were they not using "real" lesbians??.... or were they real lesbians only pretending to have sex???...and is that possible if they are only topless??? because Clinton explained to the nation what does and does not constitute sex... but this adds a whole new wrinkle (Nancy Pelosi reference)...do you think she's a lesbian too ???

JD...I'm infuriated about this as well, and a little curious:rotf2:

striperman36
03-31-2010, 03:49 PM

that's the way the gubment works.

buckman
03-31-2010, 04:58 PM

Relax JD, You thought you had the smoking gun to kill your hated Republicans and we just find it kinda funny.:rotf2:

What should bother you is the US lost it's AAA bond rating when the HCB was signed. Even Bush didn't destroy our credit rating.

Swimmer
03-31-2010, 06:11 PM
A female staffer named Allison O.K.'d, and probably went on the trip.

And, lets be honest, without a real penis, lesbians are only imitating sex.

Joe
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Ted Kennedy would have loved to have gone, but unfortunately, he was dead.

JohnnyD
03-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Relax JD, You thought you had the smoking gun to kill your hated Republicans and we just find it kinda funny.:rotf2:

What should bother you is the US lost it's AAA bond rating when the HCB was signed. Even Bush didn't destroy our credit rating.

No smoking gun. Just an interesting amount of hypocrisy.

buckman
03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
No smoking gun. Just an interesting amount of hypocrisy.

Let he who has never been to a stripper joint cast the first stone:):)

scottw
03-31-2010, 07:47 PM
and let me remind you that I have indeed admitted in the past that I am not above some measure of hypocricy :uhuh:

striperman36
03-31-2010, 07:51 PM
was clinton doing imitation sex too or is this a new definition of imitation sex

JohnnyD
03-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Let he who has never been to a stripper joint cast the first stone:):)

At least when I go, I'm spending my own hard-earned money.:uhuh:

striperman36
03-31-2010, 08:33 PM
At least when I go, I'm spending my own hard-earned money.:uhuh:

but to them it is their money, feeding from the trough

JohnnyD
03-31-2010, 09:05 PM
but to them it is their money, feeding from the trough

Precisely why the story would piss me off had I ever donated.

scottw
03-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Precisely why the story would piss me off had I ever donated.

you wouldn't have...so don't be angry:rotf2: