View Full Version : Puerto Rico Info

chefchris401
04-01-2010, 03:08 PM
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Puerto Rico for the later part of the year.

Anyone have any info? Where to stay or not to stay, places to visit, things to see, etc. I already requested all the usual tourist info, but most of that stuff sucks.

Anyone ever fish down there? Was looking a Bing maps and it looks killer. Definetly be bringing some fishing gear with me. I cant sit on the beach and do nothing all day.

Any info would help. Thanks.

WESTPORTMAFIA
04-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Not sure but if it's like Jamaica 2 years ago your stuff wouldn't be safe even in the room. Some of my girls stuff got stolen from the room and another dozen or so people were complaining of the same thing. It was stupid stuff like shoes and bathing suits towels ect. But I'm sure they would have took a nice fishing set up. I usually do a private charter when I'm on vacation. Take the girl out on a boat and you can both have a blast and she can't bitch at you this way:love:

PRBuzz
04-01-2010, 04:22 PM
See the radio telescope at Arecibo.

The Dad Fisherman
04-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Stay away from The Black Angus

Finaddict
04-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Puerto Rico has excellent tarpon fishing in the harbors, and possibly ohter adjacent areas in the island. Information is available on the Web.

hardbait
04-01-2010, 06:52 PM
KNOW A FEW PEOPLE THAT WENT 2 YEARS AGO ,THEY HAD ANYTHING WITH VALUE STOLEN FROM THEIR ROOMS. IT WAS A HIGH END RESORT.

bloocrab
04-02-2010, 06:43 AM
I wan in Puerto Rico last week, San Juan to be exact.

Senior Frog was a BLAST....was very Hot and Humid within their tight streets though.
Didn't fish either, ... as far as tourist attractions/// keep the missus happy with it's shopping as I didn't really find anything attraction'able'...that way you can validate your own personal charter. Take her to the Coach Factory Outlet, let her buy a hand-bag,...then spend that same amount $$$ on a charter. Fair trade off.

It is a dirty place though. Watch yer back out there.

PaulS
04-02-2010, 06:52 AM
The lagoons near the airport near San Juan have big Tarpon. I chartered a boat and we saw (which means it wasn't me) someone hook up and land about a 70#. I've been there a few times so I can't remember the exact time but I believe it was on Thanksgiving weekend.

The Dad Fisherman
04-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Puerto Rico also had some of the most Beautiful Women I have ever seen.....seriously.

ProfessorM
04-02-2010, 08:32 AM
if you like nature make sure you go here. Rent a car and drive there. It was fantastic and highlight of my trip. Caves on other side of island were closed when I went 3 years ago as someone died but may be open now.

http://www.topuertorico.org/reference/yunque.shtml

PaulS
04-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Some of the craziest drivers I've ever seen. Pass you in both break down lanes. In San Juan, red lights are like stop signs.