View Full Version : lots of life out there

niko
04-02-2010, 08:43 PM
we spent the day east of the bank. whales, porpoises, seals, and gannets all over the place, and a few haddock too. it took a few drops to get dialed in on them but we had a nice steady pick when we found them. caught my first windowpaine flounder up on the bank, you really can see right through them. couple of pix - buzz and marty in the buddy boat and bill inspecting the catch. thanks for the ride j, we'll do it again soon

PRBuzz
04-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Too bad I drained the batteries in my HD cam otherwise would have have some nice shots of youse guys bouncing all over and flying through the air on the way back. Doesn't even look like we are doing 30+MPH.

On the way back in Niko took a nap on a bed of haddock.......:jump1:

niko
04-03-2010, 06:41 AM
i heard you guys broke the ice on dogfish - congrats :rotf2:

PRBuzz
04-03-2010, 07:26 AM
i heard you guys broke the ice on dogfish - congrats :rotf2:

got 4 of them, good sized ones too!

Raider Ronnie
04-03-2010, 08:20 AM
got 4 of them, good sized ones too!

Hope you gave them a proper release/burial

Mr. Sandman
04-03-2010, 09:39 AM
That's a great early trip...envious.

re: dogfish. A couple years ago I filleted one up and took it home and cooked it up along with some fluke. The kids didn't want to eat the dogfish but it wasn't bad. I found it very very moist...too moist. It wasn't bad tasting just a little bland and kind of wet.
Definitely edible. It is the type of fish you could cook the hell out of and it would still be moist. Perhaps that is why the Brits like it.

Raider Ronnie
04-03-2010, 11:58 AM
That's a great early trip...envious.

re: dogfish. A couple years ago I filleted one up and took it home and cooked it up along with some fluke. The kids didn't want to eat the dogfish but it wasn't bad. I found it very very moist...too moist. It wasn't bad tasting just a little bland and kind of wet.
Definitely edible. It is the type of fish you could cook the hell out of and it would still be moist. Perhaps that is why the Brits like it.

I found it very very moist...too moist.

You do know they urinate through their skin ?

Brian L
04-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Great work, Paul..

Haddock... mmm

Sea Dangles
04-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Haddock were still there today.Bait,whales and even porpoise(dolphin?)that had a bait ball very worried.Blew pretty good after lunch for a bumpy ride to the barn.

Slipknot
04-03-2010, 07:12 PM
:drool:haddock:drool: :fishin::uhuh:
thanks PRBuzz

macojoe
04-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Congrats guys!!!

Took the boat out yesterday and that new Yamaha was a dream!!

waiting on some new switches and breakers and will get the rewire done and I be all over them in a week or so!!

niko
04-03-2010, 08:45 PM
had friends out today and they hammered them. they fished real deep and had them all to themselves where they were. like dangles said, they said it was pretty lumpy coming home

clcharette
04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
had friends out today and they hammered them. they fished real deep and had them all to themselves where they were. like dangles said, they said it was pretty lumpy coming home

Nice job Paul getting an early start to the new season.

Was that Matt? Was hoping he brought some fresh fillets over today but did not here from him.

niko
04-03-2010, 09:45 PM
hey chris, no not matt, another buddy. i didn't know he was going today i would have ho'd a ride. maybe we'll put a trip together some monday

fish4striper
04-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Nice day Guys, glad we went Friday. Matt hitched on Tajon's ride Sat

keeperreaper
04-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Yes I went woth Tajon on his cat. It started to blow in the afternoon but his boat cut through that slop with ease. We didnt get wet at all and passed boats on the way in getting tossed around. There are a ton of fish out there.

keeperreaper
04-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Paul, I didnt know you were going. Give me a shout today. Dangles how did it ride?

fatcow
04-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Thinking about heading out Tues. Any tips u guys can send me would be great. pm me thx