View Full Version : National Championship

MarshCappa
04-05-2010, 10:55 PM
What a game! Felt bad for Butler but how can you cheer against Duke? Two classy teams played a game for the ages. What a great end to an unbelievable tourney.

The Dad Fisherman
04-06-2010, 05:05 AM
but how can you cheer against Duke?

I Can...I hate Duke :yak:

MarshCappa
04-06-2010, 06:30 AM
I know but how can Coach K rub someone the wrong way? His record of graduation rates and how he handles his team are the benchmark for how a college program should work. Why do you "hate" Duke? Tough word "Hate". I say this to my kids all the time!:rotf2: Do you really hate them or strongly dislike them?

The Dad Fisherman
04-06-2010, 07:41 AM
OK, I'll Give you the "Strongly Dislike".....I mean it though when I say I HATE the Yank-mees......and I do mean HATE

MarshCappa
04-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Ok I'm with you on the Yankee thing!:uhuh:

Dad 818
04-06-2010, 08:40 AM
What a game! Felt bad for Butler but how can you cheer against Duke? Two classy teams played a game for the ages. What a great end to an unbelievable tourney.

Very easily. I very, very, very, very, very, very strongly dislike the Dookies and their rat-faced coach. :devil2:

Do agree on what a great tournament it was however.

luds
04-06-2010, 08:44 AM
It was awsome. Best sporting event I've watched since the Cardinals and Steelers Super Bowl.

For me Duke is a love hate thing. I can't ever seem to root for them but I like coach K's attitude. They did get an unfairly easy bracket IMO but I like his comments earlier in the tournament when he said something to the order of "If people don't like us because we go to class and we like to win then that's there problem."

MarshCappa
04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
I just don't get the whole hate Duke thing. I can see hating a professional team because, well....their paid to play. While some may argue that scholarships in essence pay a kid to play as well, they still have to get admitted and maintain grades. As we all know some programs have some serious issues with admissions and academics. What program is better than Duke? World class academics & athletics. The kids graduate and the school is tremendous. What's to hate about that? The only recent jink in their armour was the LAX team scandel. If my kid got accepted to that school I would be a proud Papa for sure. I went to Worcester State and then transferred to Providence and while I was at both schools(the first as an athlete) I saw some pretty scandelous things out there. I don't think there is such thing as the perfect program but i have to rank Duke at the top or near the top as an all around experience.

The Dad Fisherman
04-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Let me re-phrase it a 3rd time...I strongly Dislike the Duke Basketball Team.....I would be happy if my kids went to school there for Academics though.

Its Sports...you can't like every team.

MarshCappa
04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Let me re-phrase it a 3rd time...I strongly Dislike the Duke Basketball Team.....I would be happy if my kids went to school there for Academics though.

Its Sports...you can't like every team.

:rotf2::rotf2:Ok, sorry! It's my stubborn Portuguese/Italian side that can't understand why people don't agree with everything i say. You are entitled to your opinion. I will leave it alone now:smash:! What is wrong with me?:confused:

The Dad Fisherman
04-06-2010, 12:04 PM
:rotf2::rotf2:Ok, sorry! It's my stubborn Portuguese/Italian side that can't understand why people don't agree with everything i say.

Plus the fact your arguing with a Stubborn Irishmen...that doesn't help matters either :hee: