View Full Version : Frozen Four

detbuch
04-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Attended the Frozen Four National College Hockey Championship at Ford Field in Detroit tonight. Watched Boston College beat Wisconsin to become the 2010 National Champs. First period was BC speed and passing finesse vs. Wisconsin sludgy physical game. BC scored early, then it was scoreless through the second period. Wisconsin cranked up the hitting and swarming to the puck in the second period and had two or three scrums around the net for good scoring chances but Muse, the BC goalie was outstanding and stopped everything. In the third period, BC scored early and often, easily outclassing the Badgers. I was impressed at how good they were. My son graduated from BC two years ago and loyally follows all the Eagles teams. He invited me to the game, and I was rewarded with some really good hockey. I got to see your town a few times while visiting him during his student years. You truly have a great city. I didn't know what a gem it was till I saw it. Way better than NY, which is overrated anyway, and better than Chicago, which I like a lot. Really great seafood and an interesting Chinatown. Fabulous diversity, ethnic sections with amazing little shops and restaurants, great colleges and universities (fell in love with BC). But what knocked me out the most was that little cemetery in the middle of downtown. I felt some deep history (which you all probably take for granted) walking through that little, rather modest looking little plot.

ProfessorM
04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Great game and BC really stepped it up in the final few games. Mr. York is starting a dynasty over there. Been to several Beanpots over the years but never a final 4. I love the level of play. Thanks for the accolades of the area. We like it and a better sports town is hard to find. We tend to take the history part for granted as it surrounds us everywhere but if you are into that sort of thing it is a very interesting place to study, and yes we are way better than NY:uhuh:

fishbones
04-12-2010, 11:12 AM
BC played great in both Frozen Four games. They definitely didn't look like they lost any momentum in between beating Maine in the overtime thriller a couple of weeks ago and the games in Detroit.

Butch, it's funny you mention us taking Boston for granted. I used to work at the State House in Boston and never took the time to see any of the historic sites around that area. Last summer, my wife and I spent a day in Boston with our son and wnet to a buch of the sites and it was great. I can appreciate the history much more now as an adult than I did as a kid. We truly have some amazing places to visit in this area.

SurfCaster413
04-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Does BC have a dynasty brewing??? I think so