View Full Version : Bronco surf bags.

Rob Rockcrawler
04-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Ive been looking for the small bronko bag, are they still being made? I couldnt find them at any of the usual suspect online shops. The only place i found that has them is Merrick tackle, which i am not familiar with and appears to be a wholesale distributor. Any help would be appreciated.

Pete F.
04-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Some guy was ebaying some a while ago, I've had good enough luck with mine for the price. Better than another brand bag.
Merrick is just a wholesaler.

luds
04-11-2010, 11:50 AM
If they are still being made you might be able to contact Merrick to find out where they have sent some to recently. Worth a call to Red Top in Buzzards Bay. Pretty sure they had some Bronco bags last time I was there but that was a while ago.

Swimmer
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Red Top has Bronko and I thought M & D's did also. I like them as well.

Rob Rockcrawler
04-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I will check out the shops when i make it down there in a few weeks. Thanks for the heads up, at least they are still being made.

Bob Thomas
04-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Mike had them last year.

I've had my bronco bags (5) for years now. The old, plain jane, style. Fantastic bags. Would buy another in a heartbeat

Mike P
04-11-2010, 05:49 PM
FYI---Merrick Tackle is Bronco, not just their distributor ;)

sokinwet
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Check out the ebay store Fishincomfort. They have Bronco bags, sold retail with the label removed.

derf
05-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Check out the ebay store Fishincomfort. They have Bronco bags, sold retail with the label removed.

ok , i just got my bags from fishincomfort .
first , i don't plug like you 'northern' guys do .....
second , i didn't want to spend an arm and a leg , but wanted something 'decent'
ok , i got all 3 sizes ... mainly because my wife fishes with me and i'm not carrying her plugs and mine !!
best part , he had a 'place bid or make offer' . so i offered the minimum bid , 59.99 . he accepted . so for 59.99 + 20 shipping i got 3 bags :)
as he says , the bags have had the logo removed , why i dunno ...
happy ? sure am :)
just wanted to pass this info on ; no affiliation with seller ..
derf

chefchris401
05-08-2010, 12:49 PM
i recently purchased the "medium bag" from ebay with logos removed. its a killer bag, needs a few mods and some more velcro for the bucktail flap but besides that its sweet.

also i ditched the tubes that came with it and got some bigger round tubes.

for the money tough to beat, nice starter bag and if you dont wetsuit fish i can see it lasting a long time.

its going to be a bag for when people tag along or want to get into fishing.

Frankiesurf
05-08-2010, 06:12 PM
That is effed up that this guy is selling them without the logo.

Ryan560
05-09-2010, 02:34 AM
that ebay guy was a independent stitcher or whatever for bronco, guess he got screwed. so in order to recoup some funds he had to legally remove the logos in order to sell the bags. that's how i understand it atleast

Rob Rockcrawler
05-09-2010, 10:17 AM
I picked up a small one from the ebay seller. Not a bad bag but i dont think i will be using it. When i put it on the belt it seems the velcro is just a bit short and the tubes are just a bit too long for it to close securely. I will take a half inch off the tubes and it should close better. Im not complaining for 25 bucks though.

basswipe
05-09-2010, 10:33 AM
The Precision Pak bags ain't to shabby for the price either.Something to consider.