View Full Version : 3 AM and we are headed..........

sully12rng
04-15-2010, 02:07 AM
To western Mass to film our first episode of the year on the CT river!!!!! Pretty excited, I have never fished for stripers out that way. I'm usually found on the Cape this time of year but we are trying to show everything in Mass. Pretty pumped ! I will put some pictures up later. The guys were into em' pretty good today. I think we will be able to lay down some great footage before turkey season opens in a few weeks. :drool:

ziggy6
04-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Does the outdoor network network carry your show? I have access to that in northern NY

Rappin Mikey
04-15-2010, 07:10 AM
I hope you have good luck. There are some stripers around right now and a good number of shad. Things usually really start to heat up around the first of May. May can be great around here.

The Iceman 6
04-15-2010, 07:14 AM
April's beeen respectable as well.

chefseany
04-15-2010, 11:57 AM
That's out in my neck of the river!!! Downtown Springfield area and all down to ct border is great!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

SurfCaster413
04-15-2010, 05:26 PM
alright chef good to see another western masser

sully12rng
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Well we had a blast today fishing some water I had never been on before. No Major news sorry .....Had alot of shorts bumping the rip baits right off the boat so we downsized to smaller suspending rip baits and slowed em down, it was the same story. A few fish in pods most just follow ups bumping the bait. Didnt see any shad taken by the guys fishing for them. All in all a fun day still. very different fishing for me but great! We will be back next week.

STRIPERSHAWN
04-15-2010, 07:00 PM
im also from western mass (ludlow) what part of the river you fishin ? i usally fish the salt, block island in the late spring and summer, stellwagon for cod and tuna shawn ludlow ma

sully12rng
04-15-2010, 07:09 PM
I have never fished out of the salt before but it was fun. We drifted from a bit below the dam. I was a guest and it has been my intention to not burn areas wile flming. we saw alot of river today!