View Full Version : iPad

MarshCappa
04-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Playing with my new work toy. Anybody have one of these? I may have to take the plunge. We're going all Mac pretty soon at work because of the consumer products we sell are on Apple. I find it much faster than my laptop. I'm getting the iPhone in May supposedly from work when apple goes with verizon.

JohnnyD
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
I got one. To save some money, I bought the expansion pack to upgrade my iPhone to an iPad.

http://i.imgur.com/W8qpn.jpg

JohnR
04-20-2010, 06:49 AM
I like the iPad but it can't do what I need that to do. I need more PC functions.

Nebe
04-20-2010, 07:07 AM
When they put osX on there i might consider it, but having an iPhone and a MacBook, I see no need for it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman
04-20-2010, 07:22 AM
iPad = $800 iTouch.....

Bunch a Kool-Aid Drinkers...:hihi:

MarshCappa
04-20-2010, 09:42 PM
iPad = $800 iTouch.....

Bunch a Kool-Aid Drinkers...:hihi:

The more I work/play with this the more i absolutely agree with you! It is still pretty nice. I would never pay for this though, let work pay for it seeing I'm selling other things associated with it that make us money. I thought it was $500 though.

JohnR
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
The more I work/play with this the more i absolutely agree with you! It is still pretty nice. I would never pay for this though, let work pay for it seeing I'm selling other things associated with it that make us money. I thought it was $500 though.

$500 with no cellular broadband - add a couple for that plus service :smash:

For that coin I'm waiting on the next generation of convertible netbooks that can do what I need.

MarshCappa
04-21-2010, 01:34 PM
$500 with no cellular broadband - add a couple for that plus service :smash:

For that coin I'm waiting on the next generation of convertible netbooks that can do what I need.

I was on Nantucket yesterday and as long as I was with in range of a network it was great. The bar I was in for lunch created a little iPad buzz with the staff. I had a couple of cute waitress's play with my pad!:love:

MrHunters
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM

that's an amazing 24hr turnaround.

be glad you didn't shell out the money.

striperman36
04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
my sense is there will be many to choose from in the next 12 months.
I just can't see payin 800 for 3g plus 30 a month in addition to the phone.
Nook and Kindle are going to get much expanded.
Netbooks are going that way too.

Raven
04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
We're going all Mac pretty soon at work . .

John Does this mean there might be some M\PC's available in the near future?

MarshCappa
04-22-2010, 01:25 PM
John Does this mean there might be some M\PC's available in the near future?

If we go over to MAC and are stuff is available I'll let you know first Craig. We move at a snails pace sometimes here though so don't hold your breath!:fury:

MarshCappa
04-22-2010, 01:28 PM
that's an amazing 24hr turnaround.

be glad you didn't shell out the money.

Yea just call me Romney! The big flip flop! I do like the thing though but like the guys are saying here there will be other products available soon that will do more or have similar functionality probably for less money. We have a lot of Apple clients so I have to know how the stuff works so I can sell it!