View Full Version : Anna Maria, FL

Motor Fish
04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Hello everyone - my folks recently purchased a condo down in Bradenton, Florida and we're heading down next week for our first visit. Could use some help with area fishing.

I want to travel light and limit the fishing gear to what I'll need, but am not quite sure what that is... Most fishing will be done from the shore / piers and a little from boat. Most likely will spend 1 day out on a charter.

Does anyone know a good source of information for the area? Also looking for good restaurants/bars and other fun family activities.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

JohnR
04-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Wish I had recommendations for you - inshore snook?

justplugit
04-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Fish the cut between Anna Maria and Long Boat key.

At night you can drift shrimp along the beach near the 2 fishing piers
on the North side of the Island and fish the piers.
A good tackle shop as you go North after crossing the causeway.

All the restaurants have good sea food.
Your kids might enjoy visiting the Ringely Brother's museum in Sarasota.
Have fun. :)

bluefishburley
04-25-2010, 06:07 AM
try the sunshine bridge although it will cost you 8 bucks,but it is good for 24 hrs also those two piers on anna marie island have pretty good food

Fly Rod
04-25-2010, 07:57 AM
Between Bradenton and heading towards Anna Maria you can wade fish around the bridges or from the bridges, fish early morning or evening. Also fish holmes beach. On Anna Maria their is the rod & reel pier you can rent rods and buy bait.

If you have a chance to be on a dock at night with lights over hanging the dock take some shrimp and cast to snook.

With your parents owning a place you may want to invest in a plastic bucket, a air pump that runs on two DC batteries to keep live bait while fishing.

In Cortez there is or was a live bait shop just over the bridge from Anna Maria on the left.