View Full Version : concord mass wants local income tax.. this could get ugly

crashfromamesbury
04-27-2010, 10:02 PM
i heard this while listening to rush. a local resident of concord ma who is a member of the finance committee recently said that a measure was approved which was going to be presented this week before the town meeting for approval..

they want to institute a local income tax.. on top of the state and federal income taxes.. very similar to nyc.. the reasoning which was not clearly stated was supposed to lead to a lower property tax rate..

i can't see this as being good.. either way it would have to go the state house for a change to the charter of the community ..

just another way for the tax and spend community to get their way.

Backbeach Jake
04-28-2010, 05:31 AM
I can't help but note the irony, here. Concord of all places..

buckman
04-28-2010, 06:29 AM
They still"Walk for Peace" on the common in Concord. If the Red Coats showed up now they would be invited in for green tea and a granola bar. So the trust fund moon bats want to tax the hard working stiffs in Concord, what a shocker.

Raven
04-28-2010, 06:56 AM
tHERE ARE STILL OLD GROWTH TREES IN CONCORD :uhuh:

Nebe
04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
They still"Walk for Peace" on the common in Concord. If the Red Coats showed up now they would be invited in for green tea and a granola bar. So the trust fund moon bats want to tax the hard working stiffs in Concord, what a shocker.

WOw... I actually agree with the buckmaniac... :uhuh:

RIJIMMY
04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
summertime and the livin is easy

buckman
04-28-2010, 09:17 AM
It's an odd place for sure. No real men to speak of and terribly frightened of militias. More Prius per capita then anywhere I can think of. Most still have Duvall " together we can " stickers

eastendlu
04-28-2010, 10:11 AM
i heard this while listening to rush. a local resident of concord ma who is a member of the finance committee recently said that a measure was approved which was going to be presented this week before the town meeting for approval..

they want to institute a local income tax.. on top of the state and federal income taxes.. very similar to nyc.. the reasoning which was not clearly stated was supposed to lead to a lower property tax rate..

i can't see this as being good.. either way it would have to go the state house for a change to the charter of the community ..

just another way for the tax and spend community to get their way.

LOL Since i happen to live in N.Y. what a crock my taxes are through the roof its all BS just another tax for you guys.Taxes never come down only go up million excuses to raise them or add new ones but none to lower them.

WOw... I actually agree with the buckmaniac... :uhuh:

Me too i'd better mark this on my calendar never know when this will happen again.:rotf2::gh:

Joe
04-29-2010, 09:02 AM
The wellspring of liberalism rests at Sleepy Hollow....If you think this shocking, you should have heard the brew-ha-ha over Emerson's "Divinity School Address" of 1838

Nebe
04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
It's an odd place for sure. No real men to speak of and terribly frightened of militias. More Prius per capita then anywhere I can think of. Most still have Duvall " together we can " stickers

i was born in concord :hihi:

buckman
04-29-2010, 03:08 PM
i was born in concord :hihi:

Alot of my work comes from Concord.:)

Backbeach Jake
04-29-2010, 06:54 PM
There's some pretty good freshy fishing in Concord.

Swimmer
04-30-2010, 07:36 AM
You know how on your income taxes every year you can volunteer to pay a higher rate to help, AND ONLY ABOUT .0002% ACTUALLY DO PAY MORE VOLUNTEERAILY. Thats probably about how close the vote will be on the town hall floor.