View Full Version : one hand faster than the other typing issues.

Saltheart
04-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I notice that a lot of times lately , I have letters in words reversed. It appears like my brain is sending out orders to type a letter but one hand is faster than the other so for example maybe "you" becomes "yuo". Actually that's not a good example because all those letters I hit with my right hand.

Anyway , curious if anyone ever notices the same thing. All the letters are there but two will be transposed in order.

ecduzitgood
04-28-2010, 09:10 AM
yse em oto.

PRBuzz
04-28-2010, 09:51 AM
ditto here, glad for spell checkre....

FishermanTim
04-28-2010, 10:00 AM
It's more a case of your hands not being able to catch up to your brain. You will be typing as your mind is racing, and you try to catch up and "Presto!"..... typo happens.

What's more impressive is that even with the words scrambled, you brain can re-arrange them into the correct order AS YOU READ THEM!

As i've always told my friends and relatives: The human brain loves to solve a mystery. It loves trying to solve a problem.
Why do you think people have innate fears of the dark, or the unknown? It's because your brain, doing what it loves to do, will constantly try to fill in the gaps, to solve the puzzle, to find "something" in the darkness no matter how absurd or scary.

So in simple terms, your brain is too fast for your hands.

PRBuzz
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it

ruhroh
04-28-2010, 12:22 PM
That's pretty cool, I read it as quick as I would've if it was all spelled correctly.

Saltheart
04-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Its so easy to read I actually had to stop and look at certain words to verify that the letters were jumbled. Cool!

Backbeach Jake
04-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks a pantload, I won't be able to spell for a month now...:smash:

Raven
04-28-2010, 05:44 PM
like the old IBM tele type rotary wheel jobby of days past

Squid kids Dad
04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
same here

justplugit
04-28-2010, 07:25 PM
What's more impressive is that even with the words scrambled, you brain can re-arrange them into the correct order AS YOU READ THEM!

Amazing, and to think we only use 10% of our brain's power.

gone fishin
04-28-2010, 10:48 PM
no problem -- I only use one finger:uhuh:

O.D. Mike
04-29-2010, 07:39 AM
If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it

Dude, your making me nauseous!!!!!