View Full Version : Bruins/Flyers

spinncognito
04-29-2010, 05:59 AM
OK then, The HABS somehow upset the "mighty" Caps and our home team avoids the "mighty" Penguins. SO.. it will be the Flyers who upset the "mighty" Devils in round 1 and the B's get home ice which I believe is key considering how they played at home against the not so "mighty" Sabres. Bruins will be the favorite in this series but I doubt it will be a cake-walk. Expect a more physical series than this past one and hope the return of Savard combined with continued special teams dominance will result in a series win. :soon:

I hate to get ahead of myself but can you imagine a Bruins/Canadians series with a shot at the finals on the line?

Dad 818
04-29-2010, 08:02 AM
I had to take a shower after the Habs/Caps game last night. Felt so dirty rooting for those bastards.

stcroixman
04-29-2010, 08:09 PM
No way, I could never root for the canadians. This is going to be a long physical series. Glad to have home ice.

Dad 818
04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
No way, I could never root for the canadians. This is going to be a long physical series. Glad to have home ice.

If I didn't root for them last night, we'd be playing the Penguins. :biglaugh:

HookLine&Sinker
04-30-2010, 09:11 PM
5-2 penguins tonight when i last saw it in the third period with 10min left to go... doesnt look like montreal would pull it off. i would kinda rather see bruins and penguins in the easter confrence finals and it would be intesting to see how long matt cooke would last if savard comes back.

SurfCaster413
04-30-2010, 10:43 PM
this is going to be an amazing seris look for Tuuka to be the difference though.

Mr. Sandman
05-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Habs looked disorganized to me last night...I hope they get it together and beat the penguins...I know we can beat the Habs, the penguins, I am not sure.
Phili, is going to be a rough series but it is possible for Boston to win.

Hope they can pull it off. I will be happy with .500 at home but if we win the first two, we got'em.

I heard the caps might be interested in Thomas! Lets trade Thomas for Green.

HookLine&Sinker
05-01-2010, 02:40 PM
this is going to be an amazing seris look for Tuuka to be the difference though.

this statement couldnt be more true right now. they shouldve got the win in regulation being up 4-2.... hopefully they'll pull it out in this intense overtime

HookLine&Sinker
05-01-2010, 02:41 PM
SAVARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!

Dad 818
05-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah a couple soft goals allowed by Tuukka. Hey he was due for an off game. The goal that really pissed me off was the Briere goal where he went right between Hunwick and Wideman. Take a damn penalty if you have to. Or at least body him up after the first shot.

But welcome back Savvy!!!!!

SurfCaster413
05-02-2010, 12:41 AM
the smile on savvy's face was priceless what a bullet he let go!

Mr. Sandman
05-02-2010, 05:29 AM
:humpty:

best OT of the season...the first few minutes was awesome play!

HookLine&Sinker
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
:humpty:

best OT of the season...the first few minutes was awesome play!

deffinatly, it was like 7 shots to 1 or 2, in the first 2minutes. cant wait for game 2
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Dad 818
05-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Sturm done for the year with a torn ACL, and MCL.

spinncognito
05-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Sturm done for the year with a torn ACL, and MCL.

That is a loss, even though he has not done much lately (last 8 weeks?)

HABS beat Pitts today! Big win if the B's can pull it off tomorrow. WIll not be easy.

Dad 818
05-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Halfway through this game and Philadelphia is outplaying, outhitting, and outhustling the Bruins to this point. :fury:

And as I am typing ^^^^ Satan scores the go-ahead goal. :rotf2:

MarshCappa
05-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Up 2 games and this team seems to be peaking at the right time.

SurfCaster413
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Lucic with the game winner awesome!!!

Side note F#@%^!g Pialle(sp)

MarshCappa
05-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Somebody please pinch me. Did the B's just go up 3-0!!! Holy Chit!

SurfCaster413
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Tuukka was on tonight!

spinncognito
05-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Excellent effort (or was that a complete lack of effort by the Flyers?)
Nice to see the B's dominate that big game! A sweep would be sweet as they need to get some injured guys back and some tired guys recharged. Looks like the loss of Kreji could spell disaster as he is the best skill player on the team and Pittsburgh becomes even more difficult to beat w/o him. Perhaps the hated HABS can pull off a miracle and beat Pitts or at least take them 7 to wear them down a bit.

Dad 818
05-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Excellent effort (or was that a complete lack of effort by the Flyers?)
Nice to see the B's dominate that big game! A sweep would be sweet as they need to get some injured guys back and some tired guys recharged. Looks like the loss of Kreji could spell disaster as he is the best skill player on the team and Pittsburgh becomes even more difficult to beat w/o him. Perhaps the hated HABS can pull off a miracle and beat Pitts or at least take them 7 to wear them down a bit.

Krecji has a broken wrist and is done for the rest of the season. :fury:

But it was a clean hit, nice open ice check.

Bronko
05-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Krecji injury is devastating. With Sturm out, and now Krecji a really anemic offense becomes even worse. I love the team and the effort being shown, but this is a really serious blow.

Dad 818
05-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Krecji has a broken wrist and is done for the rest of the season. :fury:

But it was a clean hit, nice open ice check.

I was wrong. It was dislocated, and he already had surgery on it. But still done for the year. :fury:

Would think Savvy would end up in his spot on that line. Then Sobotka bumped up into Savvy's spot and Zach Hamill to get the call.

luds
05-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Damn it! 3-0 Flyers. :fury:

Dad 818
05-10-2010, 09:16 PM
They played tonight like they expected the Flyers to just lay down and die. When the Flyers didn't do that, the Bruins did. No intensity, seemed like every pass was just out of reach or in the skates.

And Dennis Wideman needs to dress in the woman's locker room after that PATHETIC display on the fourth goal.

luds
05-10-2010, 09:32 PM
They played tonight like they expected the Flyers to just lay down and die. When the Flyers didn't do that, the Bruins did. No intensity, seemed like every pass was just out of reach or in the skates.

And Dennis Wideman needs to dress in the woman's locker room after that PATHETIC display on the fourth goal.

I switched over to the Canadians. Just amazing. If they can upset the Penguins and the B's can get past the Flyers that series is going to be insane. Talk about a rivalry reborn!

Dad 818
05-10-2010, 09:40 PM
I switched over to the Canadians. Just amazing. If they can upset the Penguins and the B's can get past the Flyers that series is going to be insane. Talk about a rivalry reborn!

Bruins have the puck in the Flyers zone. Gets passed back to Wideman at the point and he breaks his stick. The Philly guy skates around Wideman who looks like a figure skater with his head up his a$$ and goes in and scores.

It reminded me of the scene in Slap Shot when the dude glides around while stripping. Wideman sucks and I'd rather go with Z, Boychuck, Hunwick, Ference and Stuart. Christ, put Tim Thomas back there on "D", he sure as hell can't do any worse.

InTheHole
05-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Painful to watch, Wideman should be sent packing, he looked like he had no idea where he was or what he was doing out there. Gange (sp) made him look like a Mite when he walked around him, broken stick or not!!
The B's better get their s$it together, the Flyers have the momentum and home ice for the next game.

Bronko
05-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Painful to watch, Wideman should be sent packing, he looked like he had no idea where he was or what he was doing out there. Gange (sp) made him look like a Mite when he walked around him, broken stick or not!!
The B's better get their s$it together, the Flyers have the momentum and home ice for the next game.

This has game 7 written all over it. I really hope they pull a victory out in Philly. This could get ugly.

BIG TIM
05-11-2010, 10:09 AM
GO B'S!!!!!!!!

On a side note, what the he** happened to Thomas during the off season? Thank God for Tukka!

spinncognito
05-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Bruins have the puck in the Flyers zone. Gets passed back to Wideman at the point and he breaks his stick. The Philly guy skates around Wideman who looks like a figure skater with his head up his a$$ and goes in and scores.

It reminded me of the scene in Slap Shot when the dude glides around while stripping. Wideman sucks and I'd rather go with Z, Boychuck, Hunwick, Ference and Stuart. Christ, put Tim Thomas back there on "D", he sure as hell can't do any worse.

I don't know, Widemans only other option was to take a penalty. Seems to me that is a stop (among others) that Rask has to make and has been making until the last two games. Perhas he is indedd wearing down, being a rookie and all? I am not saying put in Thomas- yet- but if Rask lets another 5 goals in tomorrow there will be some debate.

Dad 818
05-11-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't know, Widemans only other option was to take a penalty. Seems to me that is a stop (among others) that Rask has to make and has been making until the last two games. Perhas he is indedd wearing down, being a rookie and all? I am not saying put in Thomas- yet- but if Rask lets another 5 goals in tomorrow there will be some debate.

Rask has been suspect the last couple games, I agree with that. The Flyer player skated around Wideman to get to the puck and he just waltzed back like he was skating on a Sunday afternoon at the local rink. I would have absolutely taken a penalty there. It would have least shown that he has a heartbeat and gives a ****. Then after Gagne scores, Wideman puts his palms up like "Oh darn"

If this team doesn't get back to banging, Philly wins this series.