View Full Version : He's baaaaaaaaaack

UserRemoved1
05-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Miss him? Bush's reputation might be ready for a rebound - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/3491615)

:devil2:

The Dad Fisherman
05-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Kinda like Pee Wee Herman.....time heals all wounds

buckman
05-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Kinda like Pee Wee Herman.....time heals all wounds

Very disrespectful analogy. But at least you didn't use Ted Kennedy:)

JohnnyD
05-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Hopefully he'll drive himself off a bridge... just like Ted Kennedy did.:rotflmao:

Raven
05-02-2010, 07:02 AM
i'll never forget when he walked up to the microphone
just after a speech to go "shhhhhhuuuu"
....as if that was so hard

but what it said was: i am totally burnt OUT as President which was obvious and
..........i can't wait til it's Over

thats my lasting impression of him

Duke41
05-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Go away W.

buckman
05-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Hopefully he'll drive himself off a bridge... just like Ted Kennedy did.:rotflmao:

I'm glad you have done such great things in your life JD, that you can wish someone dead who history will prove has. I'm not saying he's perfect but he has done great things.

JohnnyD
05-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm not saying he's perfect but he has done great things.
Such as?

buckman
05-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Such as?

6+ years of good economy
keeping your ass safe since 9/11
reversing the spread of aids in Africa

JD, List yours here..................

RIROCKHOUND
05-03-2010, 05:59 AM
I don't miss the man dead, and he wasn't 100% evil. :D

Seriously, I do believe W. believes he was doing the right thing with all of it (Iraq etc..)

But...

4400 dead on a wasted war (1 sniper was all was needed to remove Saddam!)
$720,000,000,000 and counting (this is Iraq only, I did support going into Afghanistan)

What I am interested in seeing is what went into the decisions he was making in throughout his terms, assuming the book isn't too revisionist....

Duke41
05-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Never let a C student, even a Ivy Leauger lead the country again. Too stupid and he got played like Rock Around the Clock at a sock hop.

The Dad Fisherman
05-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Very disrespectful analogy. But at least you didn't use Ted Kennedy:)

I calls em likes I sees em

PaulS
05-03-2010, 06:58 AM

sad

Go away W.

more my thinking

ecduzitgood
05-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Never let a C student, even a Ivy Leauger lead the country again. Too stupid and he got played like Rock Around the Clock at a sock hop.

Please elaborate or are you just another Bush basher.

The war was necessary because the threat was real and even the democrats thought so until it was better/more convenient to say otherwise.

Hopefully some day the party affiliations will come to an end so people won't just blindly support the party that they associate themselves with and see nothing good when the other party has control. But then again the populous is easier to conquer when divided.

Where there WMD's????? YES, so the wasted war or war based on lies is nothing but an attempt to smear the reputation of the Republicans because it's not true which in my eyes makes it a lie , something that I see both parties doing too much of but when it comes to which party is worse for the country time will tell but my money is on the Dems eventually causing the fall of this nation.
http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/political-threads/60767-cheney-out-his-mind.html
I have posted the facts before but lots of people prefer to be in denial

JohnnyD
05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
6+ years of good economy
keeping your ass safe since 9/11
reversing the spread of aids in Africa

JD, List yours here..................

The TK comment was a joke, probably in poor taste.

However,
- 6+ years of good economy followed by the worst recession in decades
- Possibly ignoring warning signs leading up to 9/11
- Illegally authorizing surveillance and eroding away at the Constitution
- Then there's that war to dethrone the guy who "tried to kill my daddy", based on WMDs that didn't exist

ecduzitgood
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
The TK comment was a joke, probably in poor taste.

However,
- 6+ years of good economy followed by the worst recession in decades
Because of the refusal of the Dem's to listen to the Republicans who were trying to reign in Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac, thanks Barney Frank. Not to mention the dot com bubble popping that allowed Clinton to look good.

Possibly ignoring warning signs leading up to 9/11
I guess he should have gone to war sooner?

- Illegally authorizing surveillance and eroding away at the Constitution
Non of the other POTUS ever did anything like that did they. Who got hurt?

- Then there's that war to dethrone the guy who "tried to kill my daddy", based on WMDs that didn't exist

Either you are in denial or didn't click on the link so here is some of the FACTS.

Contrary to ongoing reports by mainstream media outlets, WMDs have been found in Iraq, so reports New York Times best-selling author Richard Miniter in his new book, Disinformation.

Consider these shocking facts:

• Found: 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium

• Found: 1,500 gallons of chemical weapons

• Found: Roadside bomb loaded with sarin gas

• Found: 1,000 radioactive materials--ideal for radioactive dirty bombs

• Found: 17 chemical warheads--some containing cyclosarin, a nerve agent five times more powerful than sarin

This is only a partial list of the deadly weapons Miniter reveals in his new book, Disinformation. Miniter systematically dissects the "No-WMD Myth" (how it started, and why it continues), as well as 21 other War-on-Terror myths perpetuated by the media.

The Dad Fisherman
05-03-2010, 10:26 AM
http://intelligence.senate.gov/phaseiiaccuracy.pdf

JohnnyD
05-03-2010, 10:47 AM
[/COLOR]

Either you are in denial or didn't click on the link so here is some of the FACTS.

I didn't need to click the link, as I'm the one that replied to your "facts" in that thread and to how they were inaccurate.

TDF provided an interesting report you might want to read.

ecduzitgood
05-03-2010, 11:09 AM
151 pages .....Thats going to take some time to reply. But in the end I will assemble all the facts to prove my point. I did not like Bush, but it wasn't just because he was a Republican it was because of his spending and lack of action on the part of the illegal immigration. I don't like either of the two parties but I am sick and tired of people using the same BS reasons to hate the man. Did you ever notice that the government always seems to get bigger and more intrusive especially when the Dems. are in control?

Although it may be futile after all the media has done such a good job of brainwashing people and my attempts to provide facts will most likely not change your mind.

Didn't we sell Iraq weapons of WMD?

Also lets say there weren't any WMD's how many times do our pilots have to be shot at before we take action?

Did the 6 months it took us to invade give them time to hide any WMD's?

RIJIMMY
05-03-2010, 11:12 AM
151 pages .....Thats going to take some time to reply. But in the end I will assemble all the facts to prove my point. I did not like Bush, but it wasn't just because he was a Republican it was because of his spending and lack of action on the part of the illegal immigration. I don't like either of the two parties but I am sick and tired of people using the same BS reasons to hate the man. Did you ever notice that the government always seems to get bigger and more intrusive especially when the Dems. are in control?

Although it may be futile after all the media has done such a good job of brainwashing people and my attempts to provide facts will most likely not change your mind.

Didn't we sell Iraq weapons of WMD?

Also lets say there weren't any WMD's how many times do our pilots have to be shot at before we take action?

Did the 6 months it took us to invade give them time to hide any WMD's?

as someone who fought this battle for years, let it go. Its not worth it.

buckman
05-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I didn't need to click the link, as I'm the one that replied to your "facts" in that thread and to how they were inaccurate.

TDF provided an interesting report you might want to read.

I read the report and noted the sources and the main contributors. The report starts off stating that it very well could be incorrect. I'm not saying it is, just that it isn't the final word

Senate Intellegence :rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

ecduzitgood
05-03-2010, 01:15 PM
After reading over the other thread I do not want to appear condescending the way I did then (for which I apologize) but even you said in that thread they did exsist.

Post #24 in the other thread
"I haven't insisted Saddam "never possessed WMDs." The hundreds of thousands of Kurds killed by gas in the 80s proves that he possessed them at one point. However, there is little to no proof he built up stockpiles after inspectors left in 1998. The lead UN inspector had confirmed 90-95% of Saddam's weapons were destroyed - along with the other 5-10% more than likely destroyed prior to inspections"
as someone who fought this battle for years, let it go. Its not worth it.

Perhaps I should just wash my hands of this. ;)

spence
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I read the report and noted the sources and the main contributors. The report starts off stating that it very well could be incorrect. I'm not saying it is, just that it isn't the final word
So I guess you scored well in reading but lacked a bit with comprehension? :uhuh:

-spence

buckman
05-03-2010, 04:01 PM
So I guess you scored well are reading but lacked a bit with comprehension? :uhuh:

-spence

Could you rewrite this sentence so I can read it?:biglaugh:

spence
05-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Could you rewrite this sentence so I can read it?:biglaugh:

Fixed. Irony deleted.

-spence

buckman
05-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Fixed. Irony deleted.

-spence

I got your point though:)

spence
05-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I got your point though:)

I never doubted your misjudgment for even a second.

-spence

buckman
05-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I never doubted your misjudgment for even a second.

-spence

:rotf2: your kinda funny today

JohnnyD
05-03-2010, 08:47 PM
After reading over the other thread I do not want to appear condescending the way I did then (for which I apologize) but even you said in that thread they did exsist.

Post #24 in the other thread
"I haven't insisted Saddam "never possessed WMDs." The hundreds of thousands of Kurds killed by gas in the 80s proves that he possessed them at one point. However, there is little to no proof he built up stockpiles after inspectors left in 1998. The lead UN inspector had confirmed 90-95% of Saddam's weapons were destroyed - along with the other 5-10% more than likely destroyed prior to inspections"

Perhaps I should just wash my hands of this. ;)

Quite honestly, the American public may never know the exact details leading up to the invasion - regarding the motivation/information the CIA and Bush admin had, and with regards to what Saddam had in mind. For every memoir that "proves" Saddam didn't have any WMDs, there's one that has "proof" he did. In the end, we'll probably never know.

Politically, Health Care is Obama's Iraq. Both Bush and Obama have a single major political landmark that will define their presidency and become their legacy - for good or for bad. Some felt Bush's push to invade Iraq was justified, made this country safer and the world a better place, some felt it was an unjust war that cost far too much for little or no domestic gain. The same goes for Obama's health care push - some people see it as a necessity that will help the health of the country, while others see it as a huge waste of money with no real benefit.

The Left with criticize Bush for Iraq and praise Obama for Health Care, while the Right will criticize Obama's Health Care and praise Bush's Iraq. The dividends from each probably won't be realized for quite some time...

ecduzitgood
05-03-2010, 10:14 PM
I agree, well said JD.....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY may you have many more!

JohnnyD
05-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I agree, well said JD.....and HAPPY BIRTHDAY may you have many more!

Thank you very much. It was a great day, with a ton of laughs.

Btw, doesn't matter how many times I see it, I still can't get over how great that hand-carved as your avatar looks.

ecduzitgood
05-04-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm glad you had a good b-day and thanks for the compliment.

buckman
05-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Why don't you two get a room :love::rotf2:

JohnnyD
05-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Why don't you two get a room :love::rotf2:

:rotflmao::smash:

ecduzitgood
05-04-2010, 12:58 PM
With all the previous head butting we've done it would probably be better if it was a cage:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2: