View Full Version : 2388 People died this day back

Got Stripers
12-07-2000, 05:32 PM
in Pearl Harbor and all the media can talk about is this sham they call an election. Yes the election is important for the obvious reasons, but there are other things that are equally important, especially on a day such as this one.

I wanted to take a moment and thank those men and women and every one that came before and after, who are responsible for the freedom we all enjoy today. I've been lucky and never had to endue the hardships of wartime, maybe a police action or two, but always from the outside looking in.

I take my hat off to all the service men and women past present and future, along with their immediate and extended families, who protect the freedom we all enjoy. I've watched countless documentaries on this day and I still can't even imagine the horror these pour souls went through that day and the days that followed.

Be very thankful times are different, but don't get to complacent, all you need to do is look east and question how stable this world really is. I'm thankful we live in a strong country, I'm thankful there are people standing guard keeping watch and I hope that no service men or women ever see another day like this one again.

Tight lines and take a minute to think about what today really means.

JohnR
12-07-2000, 07:03 PM
Your are absolutely correct. We often take for granted the sacrifices made by others that have allowed our generations to enjoy the comfort that we somewhat selfishly enjoy today. We will be wise to reflect on a day like today, both in remeberence to those that lost their lives at Pearl Harbor and those lost their live elsewhere in the defense and building of our country.

We also need to respect those that maintain our security today that affords us to take the kids to a game or to chase a fish after midnight.

Swimmer
12-07-2000, 10:00 PM
From Pearl Harbor to the U.S.S. Cole in Yemen I thank all of our servicemen/women for their daily sacrifices on our behalf.