View Full Version : Stupid Crooks

mikecc
05-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Look out my window at the front of the house this morning .There is a guy out there looks like his car was broke down. We get his plate # and watch for a little while. Nothing going on, he is under the hood working on the car. There is a bunch of water under the car to make it look good.
While he is doing this my dog starts barking at the back of the house.
I look out and see 2 guys pushing Dirt bikes across the bog behind the house. I know something is up because no one pushed a dirt bike when you can ride it. They were trying to get away quietly. I call the cops tell them whats going on. I tell them where they are going and where they will come out. They send 5 cars. 1 To the bog the others down a set of outdated RR Tracks that goes behind the house. As soon as I call it in the guy gets in the car and takes off. ( he must have had a scanner) You could tell the guy in the car and the guys with the dirt bikes were together. I go out back to meet up with the cop where they ditched the bikes . The cop tells me they caught the kid with the car 2 blocks away and got the 2 others just before they could get to the rendezvous point.
The officer & I brought the bikes back to the neighbor. When I looked they had taken the Shed door unbolting it off it's hinges . The hole time the neighbor was getting ready for school and the father and dog were walking around the house. They never saw or heard a thing and could not believe it when we came over with the bikes.

ecduzitgood
05-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Excellent! I nominate this to be the feel good post of the year!:jump::jump::jump:

RIJIMMY
05-04-2010, 01:03 PM
the crooks sound smart to me, just happened that you're a smarter neighbor. Nice work !

PRBuzz
05-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Can't beat a good neighborhood watch! Be suspicious and report all unusual activity right away, better to be safe than sorry.

Way to go Mike......

Circlehook
05-04-2010, 01:39 PM
This is why everyone should have a dog.

JohnR
05-04-2010, 01:41 PM
They're lucky Mike just called in and didn't shoot first :fury:

Thunder Rod
05-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Same pieces of excrement that broke into my shed and stole my outboard last year. I saw that same car (by your description to me) you saw this morning Mike, about 6 months ago parked down the street in front of a known, suspect house, which we both know. And the punks (who I never seen before) gave me a little wave. That's when it all came together and I KNEW. I've been waiting for an opportunity to nail them ever since. It was just a matter of time... great job picking up on that Mike! You're a hero to honest working people everywhere! :grins:

At the same time, they'll probably get off with a fine and be back at it in a few weeks. Glad the neighbors got their bikes back though.

No doubt the thieving scum were were being fed info from occupants in a particular neighborhood house. Which I might add, had a boat and outboard in the yard for months that never moved, and now all of a sudden is gone just today. Hmmmm, suspicious...

GattaFish
05-04-2010, 02:03 PM
the crooks sound smart to me, just happened that you're a smarter neighbor. Nice work !

I gotta agree with you again,,,:uhuh:

BigFish
05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Mike is one of the good guys for sure! Nice work Mike!!:uhuh:

MarshCappa
05-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Out F-ING Standing! Love that chit! Feels good when you can do good things like that. My hats off to you, I wish you were my neighbor!

HESH2
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM
great job mike good guys win 1 every now and then.

Dad 818
05-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Great job Mike.

Next time tho, drop a bunch of VMC's under his tires before you call the cops!! :biglaugh:

Bronko
05-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Wish you were my neighbor. Nice work Mike!

FishermanTim
05-04-2010, 03:20 PM
A truly fitting end would have been to retrieve the bikes, and plant the scumbags IN the bog face down.
We had a foster home locally that had a couple of kleptomaniacs. They were able to see into our yard from overa hundred yards, and ended up stealing my mountain bike and a couple of scooters (Razors). My brother just happened to see the bike when he past by their yard, at which point they brought the bike into their house.
We called the police, and just happened to catch them at the shift change-over, so they had plenty of cars available to answer the call.
I wasn't there, but I was told that they crapped their pants when they saw 6 cruisers and a paddy-wagon pull up in front of their house.

I guess they had had prior experience with those kids, and when my brother confronted them with the police there, one of the officers said to them plainly and simply "You're lucky he (me) didn't take it out on your a$$es, 'cause we wouldn't have stopped him."

Hopefully, Mike, those POS will get what they deserve.

MAKAI
05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Thieves should have their ass wiping hand loped off.
That'll learn ya.

piemma
05-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I nominate Makai for President. I love his brand of justice.

luds
05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Nice job Mike!

afterhours
05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
:claps:

kenyee
05-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Nicely done, though I suspect the low lifes will be back on the street again quickly :-P

Backbeach Jake
05-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Good going, Mike. You're pretty damn sharp to put that together.:uhuh:

Chris in Mass
05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Didn't Turkey season just open Mike.... Three in one day

stripermaineiac
05-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Nice one Mike. send them my way.

Thunder Rod
05-04-2010, 06:10 PM
A couple items...

They do have a dog, a big chocolate lab who normally picks up on such things. Plus the owner has a license to carry and is a good shot, and who also has a bit of a southern, fronteir justice kind of attitude about such things.

The scumbags in question hung around in the light of day, as everyone was getting ready for work and school, in a neighborhood already alerted to previous thefts they performed over the last year. So they might have been bold, but they sure as hell aren't smart. (not smart enough to hold a real job anyway)

Now they are identified and marked, name, address, license plate number, etc. by a whole, close-knit area of the neighborhood, who are extremely fed up and, well... lets just say they are also very much aware of those who they are friends with in the area as well...

Again Kudos to Mike. Many thought the whole scene suspicious, but he acted without delay. There's a lot to be said for that.

Adam_777
05-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Nice work ! Hopefully they at least get molested in intake for a few days!

rizzo
05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
My girlfirends bother had over $5000 worth of tools stolen from a garage at a bog in bourne a couple months ago. They followed 4 wheeler tracks in mud to where else - Wareham...

Never found the guys... the cops have a list of the stuff.

O.D. Mike
05-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Great job Mike!!

Finaddict
05-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Nice work Mike ...

... maybe it'd be worth launching a secret mission, at night with a few bad a$$*s to capture those guys and brand their foreheads with "thief" and then let them go ...

Slingah
05-04-2010, 08:48 PM
kudos to you Mike :claps:
I hope the thieves get what they deserve...

SurfCaster413
05-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Nice work mike way to stop those stealing scumbags

Dick Durand
05-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Vigilance rewarded. You'll probably learn that it wasn't their first offense. Congratulations!

Offshore24
05-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Nice work Mike. You may have another calling. Be nice if the popo could get a search warrant for the house and look at some of the detritus that's washed up on their beach.

Raven
05-05-2010, 08:51 AM
nice sharp eye there Mike
kudos to you Brother

The Iceman 6
05-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Great job also getting the plate.

PRBuzz
05-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Great job also getting the plate.

You/anyone should post a photo of the car and plate number everywhere you can!

Swimmer
05-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Look out my window at the front of the house this morning .There is a guy out there looks like his car was broke down. We get his plate # and watch for a little while. Nothing going on, he is under the hood working on the car. There is a bunch of water under the car to make it look good.
While he is doing this my dog starts barking at the back of the house.
I look out and see 2 guys pushing Dirt bikes across the bog behind the house. I know something is up because no one pushed a dirt bike when you can ride it. They were trying to get away quietly. I call the cops tell them whats going on. I tell them where they are going and where they will come out. They send 5 cars. 1 To the bog the others down a set of outdated RR Tracks that goes behind the house. As soon as I call it in the guy gets in the car and takes off. ( he must have had a scanner) You could tell the guy in the car and the guys with the dirt bikes were together. I go out back to meet up with the cop where they ditched the bikes . The cop tells me they caught the kid with the car 2 blocks away and got the 2 others just before they could get to the rendezvous point.
The officer & I brought the bikes back to the neighbor. When I looked they had taken the Shed door unbolting it off it's hinges . The hole time the neighbor was getting ready for school and the father and dog were walking around the house. They never saw or heard a thing and could not believe it when we came over with the bikes.

Mike, good for you and the wife. The character on Law & Order, Lennie Brisco, always cynical and blunt always had one wise-ass thing every show to say, and the best one I ever heard was, "thank god their stupid".

FishermanTim
05-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I like the branding idea. Sort of like "the scarlet letter" for true scumbags. They only concern would be that they might consider it a mark of "courage and bravery", like bullet wounds to gangbangers.:screwy:

How about suturing (stitching) their peehole shut?:eek: Nothing will freak them out as much as not being able to go, and having to "cut it" in order to relieve themselves. :splat:

JohnnyD
05-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I like Makai's suggestion best.

There's one thing those Middle Easterns have right, eye for an eye. You steal, you lose your hands.

Swimmer
05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
One well-placed shot from a blunt object surely cures this. Not that I encourage something like that in the least.

animal
05-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Good looking out,Mike!:)

maddog2020
05-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Great job, Mike. :claps:

Hopefully the scum bags get what they deserve !

Slipknot
05-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Good going Mike :btu: That is great you keep an eye out.
I hope they get what they deserve.

reminds me of back when I was a kid and Gary Sampson stole our minibike out of the garage one night, we followed the tracks in the snow to behind his house, all we found was the frame:wall:
That kid was just evil,always in trouble or on drugs, he is on deathrow now and I hope he gets what he deserves soon. The people he killed sure did not deserve that, I feel bad for their families :(

Steve K
05-06-2010, 08:40 AM
reminds me of back when I was a kid and Gary Sampson stole our minibike out of the garage one night, we followed the tracks in the snow to behind his house, all we found was the frame:wall:
That kid was just evil,always in trouble or on drugs, he is on deathrow now and I hope he gets what he deserves soon. The people he killed sure did not deserve that, I feel bad for their families :(

Wow. I can't believe you know him. He is evil incarnate.

JohnR
05-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Good going Mike :btu: That is great you keep an eye out.
I hope they get what they deserve.

One of the guys he killed was the good friend of a former boss's son (whole family really in that parents know their children's close friends very well - like family). IIRC my old boss's son was was with the murdered young man not long before that time and might otherwise have been with him at the time of the car-jacking.

FishermanTim
05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
One of my co-workers' father was his first victim.
I hope he burns in hades for what he did. Wasn't he the same con that was "looking for love" while on death row las year?

MAKAI
05-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I would give him breast implants. Shave him up just right and let the really bad ass cons have their fun with him. :biglaugh:

Saltheart
05-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Good job Mike! I think the people who steal do it regularly. By catching a few of them , I bet you prevented a hundred crimes they would have committed in a year.

Swimmer
05-07-2010, 11:16 AM
One of the guys he killed was the good friend of a former boss's son (whole family really in that parents know their children's close friends very well - like family). IIRC my old boss's son was was with the murdered young man not long before that time and might otherwise have been with him at the time of the car-jacking.

Should be able to put him to death, once, for each person's life he took.:devil2: