View Full Version : Free Fishing Trip for Veterans

Sweetwater
05-04-2010, 06:14 PM
For the third year, a number of charter and private boat owners (including me) will be taking military veterans and their family members on a FREE fishing trip in the waters around Provincetown, MA to show our appreciation for their dedication and service. The majority of the group we are taking this year are veterans who will have just returned from Afghanistan. The event is on June 5, 2010 and we have about 45 boats signed-up and over 300 vets (and family members) will be accommodated. The organization is trying to raise a bit of money to offset some of the costs. This money is NOT for the charter captains or boat owners who are providing all of their services and covering their own expenses without compensation. However, there are other costs associated with pulling this off. If anyone wants to, you can make a $5 donation (or more if you wish) using PayPal at VetsFishPTown-Main Page (http://www.VetsFishPTown.com)

(John, I hope this is okay)

I should add that you should let me know if you donate, or post that you did here, so that I can personally thank you.

JohnR
05-04-2010, 07:58 PM
For the third year, a number of charter and private boat owners (including me) will be taking military veterans and their family members on a FREE fishing trip in the waters around Provincetown, MA to show our appreciation for their dedication and service. The majority of the group we are taking this year are veterans who will have just returned from Afghanistan. The event is on June 5, 2010 and we have about 45 boats signed-up and over 300 vets (and family members) will be accommodated. The organization is trying to raise a bit of money to offset some of the costs. This money is NOT for the charter captains or boat owners who are providing all of their services and covering their own expenses without compensation. However, there are other costs associated with pulling this off. If anyone wants to, you can make a $5 donation (or more if you wish) using PayPal at VetsFishPTown-Main Page (http://www.VetsFishPTown.com)

(John, I hope this is okay)

Absolutely :btu: