View Full Version : having trouble with duplicator

dannyplug1
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I am having trouble setting up my vega. Can anyone out there give me a step by step explanation of how to align it. I have it set up on the lathe (with my buddies help) but I had to take it off to have work done on the lathe it self. Now when I try to put it back where it was I am having difficulty. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

wrikerjr
05-05-2010, 05:58 AM
take a template and attach it to the vega and then place a plug that youu spun in the lathe and you should be able to attach it them. That is what i do.

If you don't have those items its going to be a little tougher.

a4scoot
05-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Depends on how you removed it. If it was removed completely instead of loosening the two posts and lifting it off you will need to reset it completely. The bit should align with the centers of the headstock and the tailstock when the carrage is moved from left to right. Charlestown showed how to use 3/4 collars on the uprights to make it easy to realign the dupe after it is removed to hand turn. You dont need to remove the mounting brackets just loosen the two bolts and lift the dupe off. When you put it back it is at the right height because of the collars.