View Full Version : Spot Light advice

fishaholic18
03-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Looking to buy a new spotlight for the boat, since my old Max million finally failed. Was thinking of looking into a permanent mounted light or maybe I'll just stick with a handheld. Althought I get tired of holding a light ,driving the boat, watching the gps, picking up the lures that fall on the deck...you know what I mean. What do you guys use/like? Pro's & con's? Which model to get? Thanks in advance 4 the help.

fishsmith
03-03-2003, 04:19 PM
fishaholic18,
I use a small pen light for finding stuff that might fall on the deck at night, baiting lines and knots, I also filter it to dim it. I don't have any preference for million watt candlepower flashlights, but I hate it when boaters go happy with them at night, they do have there place (for rescues) but boats don't have headlights for a reason... They blind other boaters.
Get used to the dark, you'll be surprised at how much you can see.

fishaholic18
03-03-2003, 04:49 PM
I know what you mean about blinding other boaters, it happens to me all the time. I mainly use my spotlight to find rocks in the "mine feild" that I often fish and to manuver around lobster pots. There are a ton of pots in the spots I fish. I don't use the light when there are oncoming boats. Thanks for the reply.