View Full Version : Olympic Silver Medal

MarshCappa
05-13-2010, 08:38 PM
I got to hold a silver medal today at a potential clients house. His son was on the olympic hockey team that had a great run but ended in a heartbreak loss to the Canadians in Vancouver! For their confidentiality I won't use their name but man they were so nice. The old man was proud and rightfully so. Nice people and huge sports fanatics. All 3 of their boys played division 1 sports and 1 is in the pros in hockey. It was my first time seeing any hardware of that magnitute up close. Anybody else ever get close to something like that?

nightfighter
05-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Shortly after the 1998 Olympics in Sapporo, a young lady who had been answering phones and providing sales assistance for me, returned to the office and draped her Olympic gold medal for womens hockey around my neck. A J Mleczko from Nantucket. She also won a silver in the next Olympics. Great girl who now has a family of her own. Father and brother are well known charter captains on the island. The medal was surprisingly heavy. It would take me weeks to find the Polaroid pic of us with me wearing the medal....

Dad 818
05-14-2010, 07:35 AM
I got to hold a silver medal today at a potential clients house. His son was on the olympic hockey team that had a great run but ended in a heartbreak loss to the Canadians in Vancouver! For their confidentiality I won't use their name but man they were so nice. The old man was proud and rightfully so. Nice people and huge sports fanatics. All 3 of their boys played division 1 sports and 1 is in the pros in hockey. It was my first time seeing any hardware of that magnitute up close. Anybody else ever get close to something like that?

:nopics:

Anymore clues and you might as well just tell us who it was! (Have a pretty good idea)

MarshCappa
05-14-2010, 08:57 AM
:nopics:

Anymore clues and you might as well just tell us who it was! (Have a pretty good idea)

I can't say but he's a local South Shore Kid and he plays for Edmonton. No pics, sorry it was in my hands for like 10 seconds! And it was heavy!

Clammer
06-07-2010, 10:58 PM
I have a signed jersey by Sarah DeCosta ,,,,,,,,she was the standout goalie for the USA woman,s olympic team that got the gold a couple of olympics ago :jump1: