View Full Version : SUCCESS!

UserRemoved1
05-16-2010, 03:27 PM
BP: Mile-long tube s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g oil away from Gulf well - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100516/ap_on_hi_te/us_gulf_oil_spill)

I think BP should not be able to profit off this oil now...

Bout %$%$%$%$in time!

Raven
05-16-2010, 03:29 PM
i still think the damage will be astronomical tho

spence
05-16-2010, 04:11 PM
I think we're going to find out that this spill was an order of magnitude larger than we were told...

The finger pointing in the industry is pretty laughable. So you make billions in profit? Here's why...clean up your mess...

-spence

UserRemoved1
05-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Spence I fully concur. Just as a kick this morning over coffee I googled flow rates in pipes and came up with several calculators. One of which had a compensation for atmospheric pressure. I figured 100 atmospheres...and came up with a CONSERVATIVE 3000 gallons per minute out of a 21" pipe at a VERY low pressure rate... do the math..it's a CRAPLOAD more than 210,000 gallons a day.

I think this dispersant bs under water is going to have some disasterous side affects....that they're starting to just figure out with these 10 mile plumes 3000 feet underwater...

I see some serious dead zones out of this...hope not. At the minimum there's 100 endangered turtles washed up dead already, maybe more by now :(

PRBuzz
05-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Did they remember to put a shut-off valve in the new siphon pipe? What happens when they run out of storage tankers?

tattoobob
05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Massive Gulf Oil Slick Reaches Shore - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/23303273/detail.html)

This is what I have been following, and Yes BP should have to pay for the whole clean up

UserRemoved1
05-16-2010, 06:43 PM
I hope others just got to see the 60 minutes interview with the Chief Electronics guy who was one of the last off the rig.

THEY KNEW BEFOREHAND THEY DAMAGED THE BOP. They clamped the thing down and some dumbass hit a joystick and it ripped 15' of drill pipe thru the gasket....they had handfuls of rubber gasket in their drill pipe. The lead investigator has said there is no way they did proper pressure tests.

The removal of the drilling mud and replacement with seawater was done to expedite the drilling because what was supposed to take 7 days took 6 weeks and they were losing money.

I sincerely hope every one of these managers is jailed. This is nothing short of criminal.

Nebe
05-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Just my opinion, but they could have stopped the leak a long time ago if they destroyed the well, but they were trying to do everything they could to save the well so they could make more money from it..

UserRemoved1
05-16-2010, 06:55 PM
yep nebe everything so far has been "capture the oil" not stop the leak....

I'm betting a few hundred tons of tnt dropped on there would have stopped this bull%$%$%$%$ long ago.

There is potential for this to affect the entire east coast now if this stuff gets into the gulf stream.

Adam_777
05-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Oil = money = evil = greed = money = oil =evil = greed

They are able to suck it up now and will be able to filter it and sell it.I'd be willing to bet plugging the well has never been an option if you asked the top guys at bp....Plugging would be easy to do but would require re drilling and rigging it.Figure out the expense of setting up a new offshore drill site from scratch.Can't be cheap.That's how big $$$ business works.They could care less about the ocean.They said GW dragged his feet during Katrina.Obama is still trying to ignore this disaster.:wall:

UserRemoved1
05-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Coast Guard Under 'BP's Rules' - CBS News Video (http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6496749n&tag=api)

FishermanTim
05-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Oil = money = evil = greed = money = oil =evil = greed

They are able to suck it up now and will be able to filter it and sell it.I'd be willing to bet plugging the well has never been an option if you asked the top guys at bp....Plugging would be easy to do but would require re drilling and rigging it.Figure out the expense of setting up a new offshore drill site from scratch.Can't be cheap.That's how big $$$ business works.They could care less about the ocean.They said GW dragged his feet during Katrina.Obama is still trying to ignore this disaster.:wall:

Since there has been talk of a cap on the amount of a fine BP could be charged (which they probably knew about beforehand) so if the cost of re-drilling an re-rigging outweighs the cost of the fine, they'll take the fine. Since we are in a petroleum driven economy, they can stand any amount of negative publicity as long as they are selling oil!

UserRemoved1
05-19-2010, 05:50 PM
What's going to happen when this rounds the corner of Fla. We could very well see millions of gallons of pudding oil hitting beaches from Fla to Canada...kinda scary when they say it's in the Gulf Stream or very very close to it.

Raider Ronnie
05-19-2010, 06:00 PM
This was a pretty hot topic @ the charter boat association meeting last night.
In comparison, it's the equivalent to an Exxon Valdez spill every 4 days.
:fury:
No doubt it gonna be in the loop current and come up the coast :fury:
The disbursing agents are a stupid idea as all it does is cause the oil to sink below the surface and who knows where it ends up because it can't be tracked.