View Full Version : Surf Cod

MakoMike
03-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Steve, WW,
wanna go drown some clams the weekend after next. I.e. on the 22nd or 23rd?

STEVE IN MASS
03-04-2003, 11:38 AM
Hmmmm....that's the weekend of the show......I was actually thinking of hitting a spot near the show for flounder and/or cod one of the mornings before it opens, weather dependent of course.

As for Rhody, I was thinking either the W/E of the 8th or the 15th, again weather dependent.........

fishweewee
03-04-2003, 11:54 AM
Mike-

Like Steve, I was planning on attending the Mass Bass show on the 22nd.

-WW

MakoMike
03-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Guys,
What day are you going to the show? Maybe we could do it the day before or the day after? This coming weekend, the 8th, I have an all weekend committment, and the following weekend I have to go pick up a truck in CT. In between, I was hoping to start working on the boat.

fishweewee
03-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Mike-

The sked is looking full.

This weekend the weather doesn't look very promising (snow, rain, bleah).

The following weekend (15th) is NY opening flounder day.

The 22nd is Mass Bass. I doubt I could get away with cod fishing on the 23rd after spending all day Saturday in Mass.

End of the month?

-WW

STEVE IN MASS
03-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Sorry, didn't reply yesterday afternoon, as was having problems with the site being slow.....

Anyway, not sure what day I'm going to the show yet....waiting to see the speaker schedule....(Anybody got info on that yet?), and who else is going when.

But, as I said, hope to fish in the Kingston/Duxbury/Plymouth area in the morning before the show opens, so WeeWee, if ya get yourself up here early enough.....;)

Mike and/or others that might be attending the show (or not), you are obviously welcome to join me as well. We can work out details as the time draws near.

And WeeWee is right about this weekend....looks to be a wintry mess both days....AGAIN....:(

Notaro
03-05-2003, 03:12 PM
hey, flounders arent biting now.

STEVE IN MASS
03-05-2003, 03:24 PM
How ya know, have you tried?...they can't be biting if you're on the couch.....besides, that's three weeks away......and with just a bit of a warm up, and in the right spot.......:)

Notaro
03-05-2003, 03:25 PM
i thought it's cold in MA? and where are u fishing for them?

STEVE IN MASS
03-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by STEVE IN MASS

But, as I said, hope to fish in the Kingston/Duxbury/Plymouth area in the morning before the show opens,

And shallow water on an outgoing tide.......and though a sunny day in the mid to late afternoon with those conditions would be best, I'll get there when I can and see what happens....:)

MakoMike
03-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Notaro,
Who said anything about flat fish?

Notaro
03-05-2003, 06:50 PM
I was actually thinking of hitting a spot near the show for flounder and/or cod one of the mornings before it opens, weather dependent of course.

steve said so.