View Full Version : Less Big Fish!

BigFish
05-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Started a new diet 3 weeks ago to coincide with the start of the new fishing season knowing that I would be biking the canal and peddaling my kayak ALOT this season! At the time the scale told me that I weighed a whopping 313 pounds......5 pounds heavier than I had been and my heaviest weight ever! That was all I had to see was 313 pounds and I knew it was time for a change! I cut out all of the cake, cookies, donuts, almost all the bread I was eating and what bread I have been eating has been low cal or whole grain, eating more fruit for snacks among other things including portion control! I had a tendency to eat everything I could until I was stuffed......now instead of 3 burgers or 3 sandwiches......I only have 1 and it has not been bad at all!

So week 1 I lost 3.5 pounds.......nice start I thought! Week 2 I lost 2.5 pounds......WOW! I thought 6 pounds in 2 weeks!!!! Well.......this week I weighed in this am and I lost 5 pounds this week alone!!!:buds: Thats 11 pounds in 3 weeks and I gotta tell you I sure can feel the difference! I have a small goal of losing 20 pounds total before I go to Cuttyhunk in June, just over 3 weeks from now, and hopefully a total of 30 pounds! Off to a great start!! Down to 302 pounds and hoping to break the 300 pound mark next week!!!:uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman
05-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Nice...:kewl: Don't set a goal though...just keep doing what you're doing all summer long and see where you end up...

mekcotuit
05-20-2010, 08:34 AM
You go gurl!!!!!!:uhuh:

fishbones
05-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Congrats, Larry! Keep it up!

FishermanTim
05-20-2010, 10:13 AM
I always get a kick out of our office "diet gurus".
They'll talk about all the ways to effectively lose weight and get in shape, but to get them to actually do it would be like taking a steak away from a bear.

My personal philosophy on weight is simple: eat as healthy as you can and get out and MOVE. I will not stand by and watch my neices and nephews become couch potatoes while there is plenty of things to do outside.

The most important aspect of any change in your dietary routine is gauging HOW you feel and HOW you perceive yourself when you look in the mirror. Most people hat how they look, and when they are trying to change their image, it's more frustrating because you can't see immediate results.

My best monitoring device: my waistline. When my clothes fit looser and more comfortable I know something is working.

Good luck!

BigFish
05-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Bingo Fisherman Tim! I agree with everything you said! I do feel great! The clothes are looser!!!:uhuh:

Slingah
05-20-2010, 05:41 PM
good for you Larry...I hope you keep it up
I have to follow suit...I am a load...

Saltheart
05-23-2010, 12:41 PM
My problem is I can easily lose 10 pounds in a month. Then if I go to family style chiken place or a chinese buffet place , I can put 4 to 6 pounds of it back on in one night! That happens twice in a month and I am net between =2 and +2 pounds. :)

Good luck though. If you stay at it and never compromise , you can lose a big amount over 3 or 4 months.

Raven
05-23-2010, 04:29 PM
it takes the brain 20 -25 minutes to catch up
with the hungry eyes of the stomach
before it signals the ->" i am full or satisfied response."

so the very second i get that i'm starting to feel that full
"feeling" even in the middle of a meal i stop|
rather than
having to loosen the belt or wish i hadn't eaten the
other half of that :point: what ever.

i can wait the 20 minutes :uhuh:

Adam_777
05-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Keep at it man !

PRBuzz
05-23-2010, 06:30 PM
One way to control food intake is the one plate rule, no 2nds or dessert. To begin with you can be a PhD (pile it higher and deeper) but gradually reduce portion size and even plate size. All other rules also apply: watch what you eat, when you eat, how much you eat, and get regular exercise.

Raven
05-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Larry doesn't get the Munchies :grins:

Swimmer
05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
You go gurl!!!!!!:uhuh:

:rotflmao: Good one

PRBuzz
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm selling all my Dunkin D stock!