View Full Version : Just mess'in aroun.

saltydog
05-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Being retired, I have some time on my hands:jump1: so Im still CARVING plugs. after all the time trying to get good shapes like you guys do w/ lathes, I think I got DANNYS to look better than I ever did. they are sealed an drying. I also found a way to DRY them, with-out the heat from my house. Im hanging them in my SHED, the sun beats down on the shed all day, works great. next priming, then painting. BUT heres what Ive been up to, was looking for a CASTING-BOBBER to do some freshwater fishin in the res. I haven seen them in a while. the ones you FILL w/WATER to help get distance. so I BUILT ONE. I had an OLD plug the needed to be tossed or repaired, so I repaired it an repainted it, BENT the SCREW-EYE heads on the ends so the line would run threw. now I get DISTANCE, an let the line run FREE threw the eyes, an have a bobber to. will be giving it a shot next month when they open the RES.(TOWN WATER SUPPLY ). heres a picture of my CASTING BOBBER,
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN.

Slipknot
05-20-2010, 09:33 AM
I can't believe you still don't have a lathe

numbskull
05-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Cool ballerina look

saltydog
05-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Slipknot, you know the saying ---> you cant teach an old dog new tricks:smash: hand carve, rattle cans, for ever. got some NEW
RATTLE CAN COLORS comming for a internet site, new to me.

numbskull, it's the only one. hope I dont loose it:wall:

GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:cheers: