View Full Version : Guys, Obama is too hard on BP.

likwid
05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
"What I don't like from the president's administration is this sort of, 'I'll put my boot heel on the throat of BP,'" he said in an interview with "Good Morning America." "I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business." -Rand Paul

Seriously. Businesses should be able to ruin whatever the hell they want.

F@#$king douche.

Nebe
05-21-2010, 06:00 PM
I concur

Raven
05-22-2010, 05:25 AM
Gestapo boot heel

Realistic
05-22-2010, 09:04 AM
"Gestapo boot heel", exactly what I was thinking, given other things this admin has done.
I believe that secretly Obama is happy about this catrastophe with BP because it lets him back away from "exploring more drilling" off shore.

Nebe
05-22-2010, 09:16 AM
"Gestapo boot heel", exactly what I was thinking, given other things this admin has done.
I believe that secretly Obama is happy about this catrastophe with BP because it lets him back away from "exploring more drilling" off shore.

if this is the catalyst that pushes us closer to greener energy, then so be it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
05-22-2010, 09:48 AM

Yea, like Bush was secretly giddy over 9/11 so he could invade Iraq and take all the oil.

BBBWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

-spence

likwid
05-22-2010, 09:52 AM

They should just start getting fined every single day the well keeps spewing oil.

Deficit: fixed.

Realistic
05-22-2010, 11:12 AM

Green energy, such as? Can you tell me what everybody will agree to to achieve green energy?
Maybe we should look at CCX, a company that Al Gore has invested in.
Chicago Climate Exchange (http://www.chicagoclimateexchange.com/index.jsf?showSection=/membership/)

Nebe
05-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Yea, like Bush was secretly giddy over 9/11 so he could invade Iraq and take all the oil.

BBBWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

-spence
actually. China was really happy. We invaded and they got the first dubs at the oil.

justplugit
05-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Let's see how good he is on "putting the heel of his boot onthe throats" of
Kim Jung IL and Ahmadinejad.

Joe
05-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah! F-the 12.5 unemployment, let's have two more wars!

justplugit
05-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah! F-the 12.5 unemployment, let's have two more wars!

I'm not for war, but it's a lot easier to "sound tough" on puttin your foot on the throat of BP
then on the bigger problems like nuclear proliferation,
and I'll include unemployment, economy and the deficit too.

Joe
05-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Cut the head off one BP exec a day until the leak stops.

spence
05-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Cut the head off one BP exec a day until the leak stops.

I think they have pretty good incentive to stop the leak. For us it's an environmental disaster...for BP it's like the well is bleeding shareholder value.

-spence

likwid
05-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Let's see how good he is on "putting the heel of his boot onthe throats" of
Kim Jung IL and Ahmadinejad.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/6918060/images/1259486469128.jpg

Nebe
05-22-2010, 07:42 PM

OHHH FERRY FUNNIE!!!

justplugit
05-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Now be nice, that's not becoming to a young know it all. :doh: :)

likwid
05-22-2010, 07:48 PM
OHHH FERRY FUNNIE!!!

:hihi:

Swimmer
05-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I more than a little pissed t hat Obama hasn't taken over the cleanup. Hasn't placed the head of the coast guard in charge of cleaning it up and freeze every god damn asset that BP has. BP made a 6 billion dollar profit the 1st quarter.

spence
05-23-2010, 01:45 PM
I more than a little pissed t hat Obama hasn't taken over the cleanup. Hasn't placed the head of the coast guard in charge of cleaning it up and freeze every god damn asset that BP has. BP made a 6 billion dollar profit the 1st quarter.

I don't think there's much the Federal Government can do, aside from run the surface activities which I believe the Coast Guard has been leading for some time now.

It's BP who has the undersea equipment and expertise to work the problem. This is happening 5000 feet under water after all.

-spence

Swimmer
05-23-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't think there's much the Federal Government can do, aside from run the surface activities which I believe the Coast Guard has been leading for some time now.

It's BP who has the undersea equipment and expertise to work the problem. This is happening 5000 feet under water after all.

-spence

They should be working harder to contain and clean up what has allready spilled. IF THAT TAKES MEMBERS OF OUR ARMED FORCES SO BE IT. Our coastline is our most cherished resource. And he isn't being strong enough or pro active enough to light a big enough fire under those who are in charge. Jesus he took over the biggest banks in the world and everybody stood aside and let him do it. They should have ships and containers s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g the oil out of the ocean, and I dont mean tomorrow.

Joe
05-24-2010, 05:26 AM
I agree. Disaster readiness and oversight to prevent future catastrophes is a public sector responsibility. While the private sector provides employment and necessities, it's unrealistic to expect them to do business in a manner that is in the best interests of the public when their primary focus is profitability.
That said, I'm sure BP regrets the incident more than anyone.

buckman
05-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Lets just say this is Obama's feared 3am call that Hillary warned us about. Jack boot? He hasn't done jack sh$t. The only thing they have done "since day one" is tell us they were on the case "since day one" I agree with Spence that BP should be stopping the leak. However, has there been a meeting with all the "big oil companies" to pool resources and fix this thing? Shell, Exxon? I have a feeling that BP won't stop this leak until the new well is drilled. What we see here are stall tactics. If they stop the leak no well would be allowed to open. Follow the $$$$ and it will stop at the White House

Joe
05-24-2010, 05:27 PM
http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2008/05/Aquaman-Posters.jpg
Only Aquaman can save us now.

RIROCKHOUND
05-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Lets just say this is Obama's feared 3am call that Hillary warned us about. Jack boot? He hasn't done jack sh$t. The only thing they have done "since day one" is tell us they were on the case "since day one" I agree with Spence that BP should be stopping the leak. However, has there been a meeting with all the "big oil companies" to pool resources and fix this thing? Shell, Exxon? I have a feeling that BP won't stop this leak until the new well is drilled. What we see here are stall tactics. If they stop the leak no well would be allowed to open. Follow the $$$$ and it will stop at the White House

Buckman:

One of the talking heads was interviewing someone last week.
Apparently, the other kids have offered their toys (shell, exxon, etc) but BP doesn't want to play nice.

He was speculating b/c it will further point to how inept this whole process was...

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: BP Oil Spill Cold Open (http://www.hulu.com/watch/149644/saturday-night-live-bp-oil-spill-cold-open#s-p3-sr-i1)

buckman
05-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Buckman:

One of the talking heads was interviewing someone last week.
Apparently, the other kids have offered their toys (shell, exxon, etc) but BP doesn't want to play nice.

He was speculating b/c it will further point to how inept this whole process was...

Hulu - Saturday Night Live: BP Oil Spill Cold Open (http://www.hulu.com/watch/149644/saturday-night-live-bp-oil-spill-cold-open#s-p3-sr-i1)

If that's the case then there should be some stiff jail time coming for anyone involved. Don't hold your breath though.:fury:

JohnnyD
05-24-2010, 09:32 PM

Accusing the White House of being in bed with big oil is so, like... 2007.

This place was starting to stink of rationality and sense... welcome back buckman and thanks for setting things back to normal.:jester:

buckman
05-25-2010, 05:33 AM

This place was starting to stink of rationality and sense... welcome back buckman and thanks for setting things back to normal.:jester:

I wonder what you and the others would be saying if it was like....2007:rotf2:

Raven
05-25-2010, 06:00 AM

Hemp has no thc drug in it ...yet it is the answer to bio fuel
and that is directly linked to the white house and being illegal to grow.

likwid
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
I wonder what you and the others would be saying if it was like....2007:rotf2:

What would they be saying?
The truth, since it was well known and publicized both Bush and Cheney had deep ties into drilling.

But lets just whine and cry shall we? I know its much more convenient than those silly things like facts.

You're just still bitter ANWR drilling was blocked aren't you?

buckman
05-25-2010, 04:19 PM
What would they be saying?
The truth, since it was well known and publicized both Bush and Cheney had deep ties into drilling.

But lets just whine and cry shall we? I know its much more convenient than those silly things like facts.

You're just still bitter ANWR drilling was blocked aren't you?

Go read what I wrote ! I blame BP and feel tha Obama knows whats going on. Whine and cry???? Go put your head back in the sand.

JohnnyD
05-27-2010, 07:55 AM
buckman's vehicle was spotted yesterday:

http://www.goopeg.com/img/kaRaYtO8.jpg

fishbones
05-27-2010, 08:49 AM

That's pissa. I love the Steak N' Shake in the background (or is it the foreground) of the pic.

likwid
05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
I had someone riding my ass the other day on Montauk Highway, so being the law abiding citizen I am, I slowed down well below the speed limit. Its a speed limit right? So its reasonable to do 30 in a 40. He was flashing his lights and surging up on me.

Had a republican sticker. :hihi:

Eventually he got past.
And got tagged in downtown East Hampton. :rotf2:

Don't speed kids. :hihi:

Joe
05-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Almost as fun as pulling in front of old people doing 25 in a 40 and slowing to 12.5

RIROCKHOUND
05-27-2010, 11:12 AM
YouTube - peter the redneck... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJL5VC5RI20&feature=related)

likwid
05-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Almost as fun as pulling in front of old people doing 25 in a 40 and slowing to 12.5

They're the ones speeding half the time.
In the double lane section of Southampton a dude in a truck and i blocked out some idiot playing swap the lanes trying to get by.

He never got by.
Infact got cut off twice by each of us to continue blocking him from speeding off. Gotta obey the speed limit and all yanno. Serious business. :rotf2:

buckman
05-27-2010, 06:59 PM

I wish:biglaugh:

buckman
05-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Saw Obama last night. He is effin clueless. Didn't know anything about anything.

Here's a shock...they were off by at least a factor of 3 on their calculations.

The Admiral in charge just may know less then Obama.....he was in charge of Katrina efforts. HOLY SH$T

Raider Ronnie
05-28-2010, 04:25 PM
BP = Barack's Pals

JohnnyD
05-28-2010, 06:46 PM
BP = Barack's Pals

:smash::smash:

Raider Ronnie
05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
:smash::smash:

Whats the problem ?
Is it not a fact they donated big $ to his campaign ?

likwid
05-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Whats the problem ?

You mean the same amount they donated to all the past campaigns?

Oh wait, its the "most" ever. Cuz Rush says so. Seig Heil!

JohnnyD
05-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Whats the problem ?

What's wrong with it is that they throw money at a ton of politicians - Dems and Repubs alike. So these "Obama is in bed with big oil" comments are asinine.

RIROCKHOUND
05-29-2010, 07:09 AM
This is not a 'blame it on bush comment'

How much did BP et al., give to Little Bush? Clinton? Big Bush etc?

I bet it is all on par.

status quo unfortunately.

likwid
05-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Actually this was a Palin-ism. :rotf2:

Palin: A Slip on Oil Industry Ties? - Washington Wire - WSJ (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/05/23/palin-a-slip-on-oil-industry-ties/?mod=rss_WSJBlog&mod=washwire)

According to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, Republicans receive far more campaign money from the oil and gas industry than do Democrats.

So far in 2010, the oil and gas industries have contributed $12.8 million to all candidates, with 71% of that money going to Republicans. During the 2008 election cycle, 77% of the industry's $35.6 million in contributions went to Republicans, and in the 2008 presidential contest, Republican candidate Sen. John McCain received more than twice as much money from the oil and gas industries as Obama: McCain collected $2.4 million; Obama, $898,000.

So now not only can she see Alaska from her house, but she can't do math worth a damn.

JohnnyD
05-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Actually this was a Palin-ism. :rotf2:

Palin: A Slip on Oil Industry Ties? - Washington Wire - WSJ (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/05/23/palin-a-slip-on-oil-industry-ties/?mod=rss_WSJBlog&mod=washwire)

So now not only can she see Alaska from her house, but she can't do math worth a damn.

The problem is that people turn on the radio, hear something that criticizes someone from a political party that isn't theirs and they take it as gospel. It's much easier to agree with the bitching and post little quips on the internet than it is to do research.

justplugit
05-29-2010, 03:21 PM
As soon as it was known to be a major spill, Obama should have called all the agencies involved, MMS, Dept Interior, EPA and ALL the Oil company CEOs to the White House and mapped out a plan and found out all the equipment that would be available to contain the spill.
That's what a Leader would have done.

spence
05-29-2010, 04:06 PM
As soon as it was known to be a major spill, Obama should have called all the agencies involved, MMS, Dept Interior, EPA and ALL the Oil company CEOs to the White House and mapped out a plan and found out all the equipment that would be available to contain the spill.
That's what a Leader would have done.
Who said he didn't?

-spence

Nebe
05-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Who said he didn't?

-spence

Bush did it.

justplugit
05-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Who said he didn't?

-spence

Me. :) Ya think he kept it a secret? :huh: :rotf2:

buckman
05-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Who said he didn't?

-spence

We all know Obama is doing more then any President before him has.

Give it a few more months and when the new well is open every thing will be fine.

Joe
05-31-2010, 08:24 AM
I had no idea they did not have technology to stop an oil leak after a major accident at a deep-water well in less than ninety days - wtf....

spence
05-31-2010, 10:22 AM
I had no idea they did not have technology to stop an oil leak after a major accident at a deep-water well in less than ninety days - wtf....

It is pretty incredible huh?

Seems like the industry has just snowed the government into believing the technology was sound.

Well.

That's all about to change.

-spence

Raven
05-31-2010, 11:17 AM

technically they did.........
except the installed fail safe was failing (for 3 months)
long before the rig exploded

British Petroleum succeeded in d#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g the protocols
designed to prevent this catastrophe because it had no
predecessor other than a ship run aground in Alaska.

justplugit
05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
It is pretty incredible huh?

Seems like the industry has just snowed the government into believing the technology was sound.

-spence

Or according to the Washington Post Article on Saturday, some inspectors
from the MMS allowed Companies to fill out their own reports and that some government inspectors accepted favors from oil companies.

While it's still to early to know where the blame lies at the rig, one thing is for sure,
unless honesty and integrity exists on both sides of the coin, the citizens will always pay.

JohnnyD
06-01-2010, 01:42 AM
While it's still to early to know where the blame lies at the rig, one thing is for sure,
unless honesty and integrity exists on both sides of the coin, the citizens will always pay.

In a Capitalistic society, "honesty and integrity on both sides of the coin" will never exist. Where there's money, there's greed.

detbuch
06-01-2010, 08:19 AM
In a Capitalistic society, "honesty and integrity on both sides of the coin" will never exist. Where there's money, there's greed.

If money was the only driving force for greed, and if money only existed in a Capitalistic society, and if elimination of greed would guaranty "honesty and integrity", then elimination of Capitalism would guaranty "honesty and integrity".

The trouble is, the presence of money is not limited to capitalistic societies. Nor is money the only driving force for greed. Nor is greed the only obstacle to "honesty and integrity".

JohnnyD
06-01-2010, 08:53 AM
If money was the only driving force for greed, and if money only existed in a Capitalistic society, and if elimination of greed would guaranty "honesty and integrity", then elimination of Capitalism would guaranty "honesty and integrity".

The trouble is, the presence of money is not limited to capitalistic societies. Nor is money the only driving force for greed. Nor is greed the only obstacle to "honesty and integrity".

A whole lot of qualifiers in there that have nothing to do with my comment. A simple comment, effectively turned into nonsense.

scottw
06-01-2010, 09:22 AM
A whole lot of qualifiers in there that have nothing to do with my comment. A simple comment, effectively turned into nonsense.

it was a stupid comment...he was just trying to help you out a bit :uhuh:

JohnnyD
06-01-2010, 10:51 AM
it was a stupid comment...he was just trying to help you out a bit :uhuh:

This, from the king of nonsense comments.:smash:

justplugit
06-01-2010, 12:22 PM

Nothing wrong with money itself, it is a good thing,
but it's "the Love of money" that is the root of all evil.

JohnnyD
06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Nothing wrong with money itself, it is a good thing,
but it's "the Love of money" that is the root of all evil.

Precisely. At least someone has some common sense.

detbuch
06-01-2010, 10:42 PM

Then let me get rid of the confusing qualifiers:

"Where there's money, there's greed." Although sometimes true, it is not usually so. Most transactions involving money are routine and not a product of greed.

Nor does greed require money to exist. One can have a rapacious desire not only for more money than he needs, but for more food, more power, more sex, more of any commodity, or activity than he needs.

"In a Capitalistic society 'honesty and integrity on both sides of the coin' will never exist." Not true. Honesty and integrity often do exist on "both sides of the coin" (between buyer and seller) in a capitalistic society. It is probably more important for the survival of privately owned businesses to maintain degrees of honesty and integrity than it is for State owned entities that can dictate and enforce obediance and for whom integrity may be irrelevant.

Insofar as money can drive greed, it does so in all modern societies, not just capitalistic ones.

Greed existed before money existed. Greed existed before Capitalism.

Your comment is not as simple as you think. And it is full of nonsense.

justplugit
06-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Ed Markey blamed Bush for the oil spill on Wolf Blitzer's CNN's Situation Room
today. :yawn: :sleeps: