View Full Version : lights for fishing

SurfCaster413
05-22-2010, 11:49 PM
What are you guys using? Am sick of the head lamps and clip on jobbies, any pics bought or homemade ones would be great

flyvice11787
05-23-2010, 06:20 AM
If you're looking for a waterproof light that you can dunk, check out the lights from Princeton Tec. Most of them can be used as dive lights. The Impact and Torrent models are pretty small and lightweight. Relatively inexpensive also. Good burn time if you get the LED model. Match it with surgical tubing to hang around your neck.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

afterhours
05-23-2010, 06:31 AM
i've been using the gerber recon m cpl on a neck lanyard for in the water use.

Thumper
05-23-2010, 07:59 AM
uk vizion makes a nice head lamp. you have the option of all red or either all white, no need to click through 3 or more different options.
3AAA Vizion Headlamp - Waterproof All Weather LED Headlight- UK - Underwater Kinetics (http://www.uwkinetics.com/product/109)

RNC
05-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I just got a new Princeton Tec quad tactical headlamp and I like it alot. Waterproof and solid feeling. Interchangeable lenses for red,green or blue light output. 3 settings for up to 45 lumens of output. Flash mode. Only thing is the button isn't as easy to access as my UK vizion. Hope that helps.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ivanputski
05-23-2010, 09:20 PM
ahhhhhh ralphie!!! good to see you on here agian! I was just about to mention that light! I saw it this weekend, and was impressed! nice that you can flip the red sheild up and keep it red at all times without flippin through 4 stages just to shut a light off... it was 50$ in the store, but 30 online... waterproof too!

Frankiesurf
05-24-2010, 05:22 PM
If you want a flashlight, find a waterproof one, Princeton Tec or Pelican, tape some surgical tubing to it to hang it round your neck and a snorkel tube mouthpiece to the end of it so you can hold it in your mouth for hands free mode.