View Full Version : SW Hump/ Whaleback

Whalecod
05-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Has anyone else out here been out looking for the spawner codfish?

thefishingfreak
05-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I heard the party boats were alleeady slaying them. Some 70 pounders as well. Maybe on Nbs forums? They were talking aboutit
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raider Ronnie
05-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Leave them the F*** alone !
They are there to spawn !
It's bad enough they close us down till april 15th !

Whalecod
05-24-2010, 07:23 AM
I respect your passion for conservation Ronnie but just a few things here. First, your anger should be directed at the people who open the net season a month earlier this year allowing net guys to beat on the stocks. This is our largest problem. Second, the head boats beat the $hit out of these stocks. There are three or four companies that have at least 3 boats each that sit on this spot every year and max out. Some simple math: 1 boat with 50 anglers maxing out ten fish each=500 fish per boat times 3 boats = 1500 fish a day times 3 companies =4500 fish per day. As for me, a rec fisherman. 2-4 trips per year there. I take home 2-3 fish and throw the rest back. I fill my freezer on jeffries before the spawn.... ya really think Im the one that needs to stay the F outta there?

Raider Ronnie
05-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I respect your passion for conservation Ronnie but just a few things here. First, your anger should be directed at the people who open the net season a month earlier this year allowing net guys to beat on the stocks. This is our largest problem. Second, the head boats beat the $hit out of these stocks. There are three or four companies that have at least 3 boats each that sit on this spot every year and max out. Some simple math: 1 boat with 50 anglers maxing out ten fish each=500 fish per boat times 3 boats = 1500 fish a day times 3 companies =4500 fish per day. As for me, a rec fisherman. 2-4 trips per year there. I take home 2-3 fish and throw the rest back. I fill my freezer on jeffries before the spawn.... ya really think Im the one that needs to stay the F outta there?

I'm not going to argue who is doing more damage but do you really think starting this post with specifics is going to help ?
If you went posting specific pole numbers of the canal holding cow size bass and when it's happening some other guys on this site would be ready to hang you !

Whalecod
05-24-2010, 11:05 PM
thats great Ronnie but you said "leave them the F*** alone" . You didnt say " stop giving away info". So your kinda changing it up there.

Not to mention, if you think rec guys are the problem then your sadly mistaken. If they want to set regs to allow nets in there so all the COMM guys can step on their own di*ks then F'em if they choose to step on their own. I been out with draggers fishing liners MURDERING stocks with it. Bottom line is that the area should be closed to all and while its not, its a free for all. Thats how they set it up and I dont agree with it. Im not worried about providing general info because they wont shut down areas until they are beat to living hell so whats the difference?

Raider Ronnie
05-25-2010, 02:19 AM
thats great Ronnie but you said "leave them the F*** alone" . You didnt say " stop giving away info". So your kinda changing it up there.

Not to mention, if you think rec guys are the problem then your sadly mistaken. If they want to set regs to allow nets in there so all the COMM guys can step on their own di*ks then F'em if they choose to step on their own. I been out with draggers fishing liners MURDERING stocks with it. Bottom line is that the area should be closed to all and while its not, its a free for all. Thats how they set it up and I dont agree with it. Im not worried about providing general info because they wont shut down areas until they are beat to living hell so whats the difference?

Do you see the COMM guys or the head boats posting here ?

Rockfish9
05-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Not to worry boyz... the draggers can have at that sector june 1.. it will be over in a day... so much for conservation...

Whalecod
05-25-2010, 07:44 AM
I dont know you Ronnie, I know a few guys you fish with.Im sure your a good guy and I see you have passion for fishing and I think that's great. With that said, the info I posted is vague and not labeled on the map. Im not going to throw out cords. on here but im not a hoarder either. 25 years ago I used to jig a cooler full of cod out of the mouth of the Merrimack River in November between the North and South jettys. I also used to get a cooler full fishing off plum island from the beach at the high tide. Why? Because they were THERE. Then on come the nets and regs. that make no sense. 25 years later we are in WORSE shape. Today I should be able to jet out to the ledge and pick any spot and fill a cooler, but its only like that now before June 1 or May 1 because it gets beat on after that. For the past 8 years I have recorded water temps, depths, structure, time of year to maximize my luck and it has worked very well. Im not one of those guys that is secretive about my spots. If someone asks me where to get cats ill give them a number that holds cats year round so they can get their wolfish(not this year because ya cant keep them). Anyhow, I know im straying from the point here but I think you get what Im saying.