View Full Version : Acres of stripers!! Perfect Sunday

Foul Hooker
05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
What an amazing day... actually I have never seen that many fish at once in my lifetime... acres and acres of some National Geographic stuff... wow!!! Caught over 40 fish (34-38 inches) in 4 hrs! You could look over the boat and see hundreds of bass feeding.. got some great video footage.. will try and upload it soon

My arms are tired!!:fishin:

thunder
05-23-2010, 06:40 PM
iwas at the west end of canal sun morning, pretty slow

niko
05-23-2010, 06:46 PM
let's see the footage :lurk:

ProfessorM
05-23-2010, 07:21 PM
I think I know where you were and it is loaded in that area. good for you. Maybe this week I will try.

TTGG
05-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Feast or fathom I guess.
Thats still good news. Way To Go!

luds
05-23-2010, 08:00 PM
want to see vid! :uhuh:

ivanputski
05-23-2010, 09:16 PM
forget the vid... I want gps coordinates!!!

BassDawg
05-23-2010, 09:23 PM
NICE WORK, FoulHooker!!!
however,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:nopics:

SurfCaster413
05-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Lets see the footage!

Raven
05-24-2010, 04:33 AM
GIVE it lol

stiff tip
05-24-2010, 04:56 AM
paul....i was there on sat fishing livies lots of bass.....lots of birds to the east on the out going......... the small boat would b great w/ slugos and poppers.......i look there and i see steve and i in the tin boat :love: it breaks my heart.......

ProfessorM
05-24-2010, 06:49 AM
I was out there yesterday Dave in my other boat. Took a few guys to jig Macks, they wanted to eat them so that is all I did. They were not very adept at casting as if they were we could have got some bass. All they wanted were macks so it made my day easier and that promise is paid up. I did see a lot, I mean a lot, of guys doing what you did, it was a Sunday. I think the above acres of bass were not in that particular area. Now I got friggin truck issues so I hope a quick fix and back out there late this week, unless Ernie and Jim invite me as they got the week off.

beamie
05-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Took a few guys to jig Macks, they wanted to eat them so that is all I did.

PM were these guys over 80 years old? I find that is about the age of people who want macks to eat....lol.

I had, now deceased. old Italian neighor who I used to give some nice gutted macks to. I believe he somehow grilled them with olive oil.....I am probably missing something.

WESTPORTMAFIA
05-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Fresh minced garlic crushed pepper marinated in the fridge for a few hours, rolled in flower and pan fried whole until the skin is crispy. (tinkers) My great grandfather turned me on the tinkers as a young kid. People don't know what they're missing.

ProfessorM
05-24-2010, 09:08 AM
LOL. No but they were 110% Portuguese. They were visiting from Toronto and I told them last year at a barbecue if they wanted to go fishing i would take them next year. They took me up on my offer and I am sure they had fun. I did. They leave this morning with a giant cooler of macks bringing them back to Canada. I have no idea how they will cook them but I told them they would look better with hooks in them.

inTHERAPY
05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Fresh minced garlic crushed pepper marinated in the fridge for a few hours, rolled in flower and pan fried whole until the skin is crispy. (tinkers) My great grandfather turned me on the tinkers as a young kid. People don't know what they're missing.

just like my vovo taught me! and delicious for tautog too

WESTPORTMAFIA
05-24-2010, 11:54 AM
just like my vovo taught me! and delicious for tautog too

Can't forget the homemade wine, some Pordagee bread and St George cheese.:drool:

maddmatt
05-24-2010, 12:08 PM
PM were these guys over 80 years old? I find that is about the age of people who want macks to eat....lol.

I had, now deceased. old Italian neighor who I used to give some nice gutted macks to. I believe he somehow grilled them with olive oil.....I am probably missing something.

they're great smoked