View Full Version : 2010 S-B Tourneys

JohnR
05-24-2010, 06:31 AM
What should we do and when for our S-B Tourneys? New Format? Old Format? New locations? North Shore in a hurricane?

The Dad Fisherman
05-24-2010, 07:10 AM
I think the location we used last year worked well for the North Shore......

JohnR
05-25-2010, 07:01 AM
I think the location we used last year worked well for the North Shore......

Yes - that was good...

ivanputski
05-25-2010, 02:59 PM
is there a RI south shore tourny? sorry for my lack of info

The Dad Fisherman
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Usually is.....There is also a Cape leg too.....

BassDawg
05-25-2010, 03:46 PM
count me in for both the Cape, AND
the NShore. had a BLAST at the bridge~~~

the weather was challenging, FOOD was excellent, and shooting the sheet with our members made it
a must-do event for 2010! Ross and the cast of regulars were in fine form and i got to sea the MIGHTY surf
from Spin's neck of the OTHER cape. GOOOD TIMES :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

DRUMCORPFAN
05-26-2010, 09:21 AM
I like fishing new place's, These S-B cookouts give me a chance to try something new. Last years North Shore leg I fished Plum Island for the first time, Any thoughts on the outer Cape beaches? Another area I have never fished. Always good to eat and talk fishing then actually go fishing.

Leo

tattoobob
05-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Lets have a Block Island leg

JohnR
05-26-2010, 12:21 PM
is there a RI south shore tourny? sorry for my lack of info

Yep - time and place TBD assuming we come up with something that works ;) - what usually happens is we come up with a time, 5 people say they will be there and 20 show. I wouldn't mind switching it up somehow for better particpation though.

I like fishing new place's, These S-B cookouts give me a chance to try something new. Last years North Shore leg I fished Plum Island for the first time, Any thoughts on the outer Cape beaches? Another area I have never fished. Always good to eat and talk fishing then actually go fishing.

Leo

Cape sounds good but need suggestions for when and where.

Lets have a Block Island leg

:drool:

Notaro
05-26-2010, 02:09 PM
should do it soon. its getting damn hot outside.. so it shld be good to start a tourney.

Redsoxticket
05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
More participation hmmmm.
What about creating a special category such as "S-B Leg Tourney" available only to those that commit on going to the leg. After that particular leg is over remove access to that category the names that did not attend leaving those to share their experiences among themselves.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR
05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
More participation hmmmm.
What about creating a special category such as "S-B Leg Tourney" available only to those that commit on going to the leg. After that particular leg is over remove access to that category the names that did not attend leaving those to share their experiences among themselves.

A lot of work that I'd get yelled at for doing too slowly :hee: :devil2:

Have any suggestions for locales?

rphud
05-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I like Bob's idea. Outer Cape as well. North Shore and SoCo.

Nomad
05-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I know that Maine is a stretch but if there are any members up here (Casco Bay) we could do a "mini" leg?

SurfCaster413
05-26-2010, 08:23 PM
RacePoint for the outer cape leg!!!

Green Light
05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I know that Maine is a stretch but if there are any members up here (Casco Bay) we could do a "mini" leg?

I fish Maine. I would be in for a "mini" leg. What are the ME regs for Saltwater fishing license?

Redsoxticket
05-27-2010, 11:21 AM
A lot of work that I'd get yelled at for doing too slowly :hee: :devil2:

Have any suggestions for locales?

The community center pavilion in gansett

JohnR
05-27-2010, 11:42 AM
The community center pavilion in gansett

Where NS meets?

I'd like something little more fishy ;) like Beavertail perhaps ??

bassballer
05-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Beavertail would be a good spot. Or Brenton Point.

Redsoxticket
05-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Beavertail is a good choice.
Newport has activities throughout the summer which may make driving to Brenton a hassle plus the tolls.

JohnR
05-27-2010, 12:45 PM
They allow BBQ at Beavertail? I think they do over at Whetherill (another choice now thinking about)

BassDawg
05-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Where NS meets?

I'd like something little more fishy ;) like Beavertail perhaps ??

i was just thinking about The Tail, or
Brenton Pt for THAT part of L'il Rhody~~~

WKPG B&T works well for down SoCo way.
doesn't RI depend, somewhat, on WHEN??

Nomad
05-27-2010, 07:56 PM
I fish Maine. I would be in for a "mini" leg. What are the ME regs for Saltwater fishing license?

Hey 360
No license needed. This year you only need a NOAA registration so if you bought in another state, I understand that you are covered.....next year they are looking to charge or roll sweetwater and saltwater into one license.

I am on the Royal River on the Sarah Helen....gimme a shout on 9 or 20 if you ever get up this way.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1408/4552571004_751c5b0691.jpg

Slipknot
06-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Is there gonna be one of these meets soon?
where? M & D's? Beavertail? North Shore?

Bueller?:fishin::soon:

JohnR
06-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Is there gonna be one of these meets soon?
where? M & D's? Beavertail? North Shore?

Bueller?:fishin::soon:

Gee - I dunno. lack-luster response. Whaddya think?

I need to take you mods out for Breakfast soon :tooth:

Clammer
06-29-2010, 03:55 PM
JFYI

If ya go to a state place , IE beavertail /fort weatheral ............................. no booze @ all '

carry on :uhuh:

ProfessorM
06-29-2010, 03:59 PM
that means VB is out:biglaugh:

cableguy
06-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I would definetly love a outer cape one....would love to give that a try....I'm in

nightfighter
06-29-2010, 04:47 PM
I have not been to Plum Island this year....so have no input for conditions, erosion, new sandbar, etc. Was a good location for the meet up. Maybe Plumcrazy could give us the goods, and maybe some parking access out front...... Andy's ex's place was pretty good too....

The Dad Fisherman
06-29-2010, 05:26 PM
How about Saturday August 7th for the North Shore Leg....Same location as last year....good tides that weekend too.....

Finaddict
06-29-2010, 07:29 PM
I have not been to Plum Island this year....so have no input for conditions, erosion, new sandbar, etc. Was a good location for the meet up. Maybe Plumcrazy could give us the goods, and maybe some parking access out front...... Andy's ex's place was pretty good too....

She moved one block over ... I will have to scope it out, but not direct beach front ... hopefully she will be at her boyfriends ...

ThrowingTimber
06-30-2010, 10:18 AM
I vote Maine in screaming hurricane conditions man that was fun!

Saltheart
06-30-2010, 03:49 PM
I don't see how you can beat M+D's for a launch point heading to the canal even to as far east as chatham. For southern RI , I would think you could consider a west and east thing seperately , something like Weekapaug and Saltwater's Edge. I doubt there is enough interest for a Race Point thing but people could just do that on here own since I think it would be a small group. North shore someone else from up that way should comment.

For RI , and Southeast MA , where the barbecue/beer place is will always be close to fishing spots.

Now I have no idea if M+D and Weekapaug B+T and Saltwaters Edge will even have us as guests so that's a nescessary inquiry.

My last thought is that I would think twice about bringing a group of people from all over to BT as a group. The first time you bring someone to BT , it should be just 1 or 2 people so that you can keep your eye on them. A whole group of people new to the place is asking for trouble.

Raven
06-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Nightfighter said (pardon me)
spoke volumes....on the other thread

more of a get together followed by fishin

kinda like .....a to cold to fish night party
with the difference of .........fishing is do able
an over niter ...

plenty of food and alcoholic beverages after the fishing
or followed by breakfast ...brunch or 2nd breakfast..

life's to short as Habs and Flaptail have reminded us
for it to be :point: all competition

that should be "secondary" to camaraderie
Just my opinion... as we are all gettin older..

especially peter VB :grins:

shine me on ........if 'n ya want to

The Dad Fisherman
06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
North shore someone else from up that way should comment.

I think someone did....:hihi:

How about Saturday August 7th for the North Shore Leg....Same location as last year....good tides that weekend too.....

SurfCaster413
06-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Anything set in stone yet? Anything possible for Racepoint?

Thumper
06-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I can talk to charlie over at weekapaug b&t if u guys want to do something there, just let me know. I can also talk mike at cardnail he has a pretty big lot in the back.

bart
06-30-2010, 07:26 PM
I think beavertail would be a good choice. I don't see booze being a problem as I've attended a bunch of family gatherings there and we were never hassled. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever even seen any type of enforcement there. Drinking and climbing around on those rocks is not a good idea though....

nightfighter
06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
How about Saturday August 7th for the North Shore Leg....Same location as last year....good tides that weekend too.....Sounds as good as any....What say you, JohnR? Should it have its own thread?

Raven
07-01-2010, 05:28 AM
I think someone did....:hihi:

yup.... :huh:

JohnR
07-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Mike _ I know M&Ds is fine with having us and pretty sure SW Edge would be as well ;)

I can talk to charlie over at weekapaug b&t if u guys want to do something there, just let me know. I can also talk mike at cardnail he has a pretty big lot in the back.

Nope, for reasons I won't go into we won't be having a leg at Weekapaug B&T - I'd go to Kings Cove or Quonny before

I think beavertail would be a good choice. I don't see booze being a problem as I've attended a bunch of family gatherings there and we were never hassled. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever even seen any type of enforcement there. Drinking and climbing around on those rocks is not a good idea though....

I don't see booze as being a problem because it isn't really a gathering to imbibe beverage. If alcohol ist verboten that's OK with me ;)

North Shore Leg ?
Race Point?
RI?

The Dad Fisherman
07-01-2010, 07:54 AM
North Shore Leg ?

That sounds like a Great Idea........Anybody got any Suggestions??

cableguy
07-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Race Point?

if there is a leg...I AM IN...if not, I wouldnt mind getting together with a couple guys and giving it a shot....

rphud
07-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey, what happened to the Block leg? Dark moon next weekend.

SurfCaster413
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
if there is a leg...I AM IN...if not, I wouldnt mind getting together with a couple guys and giving it a shot....

Am in for race point too