View Full Version : RI License & NOAA Card Question

Joe
05-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Do you need to carry both the license & NOAA card?

Pete F.
05-27-2010, 08:52 AM
I could easily be confused, but I thought I only needed a federal license for RI, MA, NH and ME.

Thumper
05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Do you need to carry both the license & NOAA card?

Joe you don't have to, either on or the other unless you are in CT you need the RI license. i carry both just because i don't feel like dealing with it.

Pete your are correct about RI and MA not sure about NH and ME

Pete F.
05-27-2010, 09:03 PM
So I am all set, now I just have to figure out where to keep it in my wetsuit.
Maine:Saltwater angling licenses are not required for recreational saltwater angling.
NH:Saltwater Fishing: A license is NOT REQUIRED for fishing in saltwater unless taking any species of trout, salmon, smelt or shad in any state waters or while fishing through the ice in Great Bay or its tributaries.
MA:Q1. I plan to fish recreationally in saltwater in 2010, would I need to register with the federal government or would I be required to get a Massachusetts fishing permit?
A1. In 2010 anglers must register with the National Marine Fisheries Service, the federal fisheries agency. Register beginning January 1, 2010 online via www.countmyfish.noaa.gov or by calling 888.MRIP.411 (888.674.7411).
RI:Beginning in 2010, in order to fish recreationally for finfish in Rhode Island's marine waters, saltwater anglers and spearfishers must have:
A RI Recreational Saltwater Fishing License, or
A National Saltwater Angler Registration, or
A recreational saltwater fishing license from a reciprocal state

Pete F.
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Do you need to carry both the license & NOAA card?The answer I found is NO
Beginning in 2010, in order to fish recreationally for finfish in Rhode Island's marine waters, saltwater anglers and spearfishers must have:
A RI Recreational Saltwater Fishing License, or
A National Saltwater Angler Registration, or
A recreational saltwater fishing license from a reciprocal state

ivanputski
05-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Where the hell am I going to put my "fishing-tax-receipt" when I am wearing a wetsuit? Maybe van staal can design a completely water-tight sealed license holder !!!

bart
05-28-2010, 06:57 AM
Joe's going fishing?!? What's this world coming to?

Raven
05-28-2010, 07:36 AM
you only need to carry your number