View Full Version : canal slacks

seadogg
05-30-2010, 07:28 PM
can anyone accurately tell me when the slacks at sunrise will be for the JUNE new moon at the canal? i have the lows, i'm just not sure how to convert for the slack in the canal. again, those who know for sure, fill me in, please. i'd appreciate it if those answering could include the east entrance, west, and the herring run. my guesses the past few years have been very accurate, and i've narrowed down my dates and times but it'd be nice to get a few second opinions. much thanks, guys. private messaging is acceptable. thanks again!!

capecodkid
05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/recreati/ccc/navigation/Tide2010.pdf

Slacks are on the left

Back Beach
05-31-2010, 06:09 AM
Ask Redlite to ask me...I'll tell him then he can tell you...

BigFish
05-31-2010, 08:25 AM
"Canal Slacks" are the guys that scurry down the rocks into your spot when you are unhooking a nice fish because they think my spot is the only one "holding" fish and they are not aware that the fish are, in fact, swimming by!!!!! Too lazy to find their own fish thus....."Canal Slacks"!:jump1:

BigFish
05-31-2010, 08:26 AM
"Canal Slacks" might even be a fashionable new type of pants that guys like Redlite, Tony O and RoyL wear when they are fishing!:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

Mike P
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM
"Canal Slacks" are the guys that scurry down the rocks into your spot when you are unhooking a nice fish because they think my spot is the only one "holding" fish and they are not aware that the fish are, in fact, swimming by!!!!! Too lazy to find their own fish thus....."Canal Slacks"!:jump1:

Canal Slackers, big guy. Slackers. ;)

Saltheart
05-31-2010, 11:51 AM
If you get there say an hour and a half before low tide from the chart , you can watch what's happening and then you'll understand it. It doesn't happen the way you think it will. You can fish while you are watching too so its not lost time. Its a fascinating think to watch and well worth you time to go look and learn so you can do it yourself in the future instead of just asking for a single time on a single day.

Print out the month of june from the link above and take it with you whatever day you go scouting. Having the chart will also help you understand as you watch what's happening.

Also , don't think you only fish slack for a moment in time. If your goal is surface plugging , you can do that for quite a while before and after actual dead stopped slack.

ProfessorM
05-31-2010, 02:58 PM
If it looks like a friggin parking lot every where you'll know its time.

Back Beach
05-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Casey,

PM me when you're coming up.

maddmatt
06-01-2010, 07:47 AM

then that makes me a "race pt. slack"?