View Full Version : Looks Like Team STRIPER is Getting Started

BassDawg
06-06-2010, 08:46 AM
was cruising thru cougarbook

and found acoupla 37#'ers caught by
Rudy and Taylor~~~ not sure if they'll be
counted towards their Team Totals~~~

shore fish, that could only be warm-up feesh??
nothing posted to the Leader Board yet~~~
:grins: :grins: :grins:

Sea Dangles
06-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Taylor has been told by OTW he is not eligible to compete in the cup this year. He has a job in the industry which is deemed a conflict.This certainly leaves a hole in the lineup for our crew but RudeBoy seems ready to grasp the reins.From what I have witnessed recently he has displayed competence and desire to get the job done.It also gives SB some hope to get the cup back.Hopefully it will prevent any more whining from those unfortunate enough to think they could dethrone him for angler of the year.Then again,maybe the whining played a part in OTW's decision.I always believed to be the best,you have to beat the best.

BigFish
06-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Bickering and whining.....not to mention cheating! Thats why I don't register for that crap anymore.....it just ain't fun!! Enjoy!:buds:

Anyone holding a commercial license should be ineligible as well......but thats just one guys opinion!

luds
06-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Taylor has been told by OTW he is not eligible to compete in the cup this year. He has a job in the industry which is deemed a conflict.This certainly leaves a hole in the lineup for our crew but RudeBoy seems ready to grasp the reins.From what I have witnessed recently he has displayed competence and desire to get the job done.It also gives SB some hope to get the cup back.Hopefully it will prevent any more whining from those unfortunate enough to think they could dethrone him for angler of the year.Then again,maybe the whining played a part in OTW's decision.I always believed to be the best,you have to beat the best.

Being angler of the year doesn't mean your the best. Too many guys don't participate in the Cup to earn that title but I'm disappointed that Rob can't participate. If we did manage to finagle a Cup victory it would be a shame to do it without topping a Team Striper at full strength.

piemma
06-06-2010, 01:53 PM
There are 2 dozen guys who don't post here that could be angler of the year EVERY year. Some guys don't care to be internet heros!

bart
06-06-2010, 02:13 PM
There are 2 dozen guys who don't post here that could be angler of the year EVERY year. Some guys don't care to be internet heros!

How are the guys that win Angler of the Year trying to be internet heros? :confused:

And I wouldn't discredit those who have won in the past. They are really good fishermen who consistently catch big fish, year after year. Getting a 50 and several forties in a season from the surf is no easy task....

rizzo
06-06-2010, 04:49 PM

In all honesty - from the surf, are there that many guys last year that took a true 50 and multiple high 40s last year??? I'm out there quite a bit, and breaking 40 every year from the surf is quite an accomplishment...

BassDawg
06-06-2010, 09:40 PM

:wavey: hey Chris :wavey:

thanks for the heads up about Rob~~~

and that is a point well taken, it won't be the same without
Rob's angling prowess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but surely your TEAM is not
all Rob, all the time. besides if the Rudemeister stays in the Gifted One's hip pocket, he should do VERRRRY well.

you fishin' yet, me bruddah?? still a bit early for the OTHER Cape,,,,,,,,
:fishin: :fishin: :fishin: :fishin:

JackK
06-07-2010, 07:32 AM
still a bit early for the OTHER Cape,,,,,,,,

I'll bring 'em up with me in July BD... :rotf2:

JohnR
06-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Thats unfortunate RT isn't able to fish for the Cup. He certainly deserves to compete for it.

Chris - had to put in a new smiley for you:

:stir:

BassDawg
06-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Thats unfortunate RT isn't able to fish for the Cup. He certainly deserves to compete for it.

Chris - had to put in a new smiley for you:

:stir:

nice one, Bossman!!!

i resemble that remark~~~ not lately, however??
:stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:

BassDawg
06-07-2010, 10:04 AM
I'll bring 'em up with me in July BD... :rotf2:

sounds COOOOL, thanks!!!
:soon: :soon: :soon:

tlapinski
06-07-2010, 11:19 AM
It makes sense that anyone employed by a sponsor not be allowed to participate in the Cup. Might make sense also not to allow anyone in the cup that is also employed at a weigh station not be allowed to weigh at that shop (that may in fact already be a rule but I am too lazy right now to go check). That is how most contests/competitions are run. Chris, let Rob know if he wants to fish the cup that bad we can trade jobs and I'll drop out. :devil2:

BassDawg
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
It makes sense that anyone employed by a sponsor not be allowed to participate in the Cup. Might make sense also not to allow anyone in the cup that is also employed at a weigh station not be allowed to weigh at that shop (that may in fact already be a rule but I am too lazy right now to go check). That is how most contests/competitions are run. Chris, let Rob know if he wants to fish the cup that bad we can trade jobs and I'll drop out. :devil2:

okay, 2 questions~~~

A) which sponsor for Mr Taylor, and
B) surely, you are NOT implying that Rudy is weighing improperly??

i mean,,,,,,,,,while 10G's IS alot of cake :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:
imho, one's integrity is Pricele$$ and it NEVER sleeps,,,,,,,

chefchris401
06-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Rob is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. was always helpful when he worked at the edge and the guy can catch large in a puddle. Its too bad hes not allowed to enter, but i can see the conflict of interest with him being a rep and all. They are trying to keep it fair and even

I do alot (95%) of my business with Rudy and they guys at the edge. always been top rate for me.

at the end of the day, its fishing and its something we love, i see people flipping out and complaining about competions all the time. people catching fish at one location and claiming they caught them somewhere else, or the guy whos brothers sisters cousins nephew is a commerical fisherman and instantly everything he catches is from that guy.

Everyone should just enjoy your time on the water, the people you share it with and the fish you catch.

Good luck to everyone how did enter the striper cup, i never ended up signing up.

keep it fun and keep it fair.

tlapinski
06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
okay, 2 questions~~~

A) which sponsor for Mr Taylor, and
B) surely, you are NOT implying that Rudy is weighing improperly??

i mean,,,,,,,,,while 10G's IS alot of cake :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:
imho, one's integrity is Pricele$$ and it NEVER sleeps,,,,,,,

I was in no way insinuating that anyone on any team was weighing improperly. As I was typing I thoguht about the weigh stations and their employees being participants and added that to my post. I am not trying to stir the pot or make enemies by my post, juast stating how I feel overall about it. If ANYONE works for one of the sponsors, they shouldn't be allowed to participate and if ANYONE works for a weigh station they should not be able to weigh their fish at that shop. Seems like pretty simply and logical rules. Isn't Rob a rep or salesman or something for Quantum? I remember reading somethign over on the Edge forum when he got the job and being very jealous that he was working in the industry while I sit behind a desk all day at a law firm. :yak5:

BassDawg
06-07-2010, 12:26 PM
VERY COOL, tlap!!

i knew how ya meant it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just wanted to keep it clear. those guys are ALL top shelf fishermen, A-1 character types, and fish their arses off every year. Rob will be sorely missed. and i agree with all that ya said, mi amigo. excellent START by yer crew, by the way, and i hope to sea you again for the MS at WKPG in the Fall~~~ if not sooner.

still hoping for my season to begin in the coming weeks and moons!! looks very promising this year, already.

JackK
06-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Not sure about if it's a rule or not, but I do know that Rudy weighs his fish at a different shop, just to make sure there's no possible conflict.

JohnR
06-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I was in no way insinuating that anyone on any team was weighing improperly. As I was typing I thoguht about the weigh stations and their employees being participants and added that to my post. I am not trying to stir the pot or make enemies by my post, juast stating how I feel overall about it. If ANYONE works for one of the sponsors, they shouldn't be allowed to participate and if ANYONE works for a weigh station they should not be able to weigh their fish at that shop. Seems like pretty simply and logical rules. Isn't Rob a rep or salesman or something for Quantum? I remember reading somethign over on the Edge forum when he got the job and being very jealous that he was working in the industry while I sit behind a desk all day at a law firm. :yak5:

I believe you are correct, he works for Quantum IIRC.

So, like the disclaimer in most contest everyone is eligible 'cept for those that work for XYZ and its sponsors and affiliates and cat's veterinarian. I can see how that goes and understand it. Maybe he'll hit powerball and can fish the cup again. 'Til then I don't think it is a conspiracy (though if he hits Powerball we'll know the fix was in with the lottery).

Good point on weighing at shops other than where you work.

Pete_G
06-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Good point on weighing at shops other than where you work.

I have no idea if OTW has that rule but it has been a rule at the SWE.

As Toby said, simple and logical, whether it's an official rule or not.