View Full Version : anyone get out this weekend ?

blue oyster
06-13-2010, 10:36 AM
i'm getting soft in my old age , got scared off the water by bad weather forcasts and bad tides . in hind sight fishing weather seemed perfect . did anyone get out and fish , not looking for spots , just overall picture

thunder
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
went out sat morn west end of canal sunny and warm a little windy, no fish,just some jackass in a huge yacht doing 40

Polar Express
06-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Went out Saturday at the mouth of the Merrimack plenty of fish and plenty of big swells. Pretty impressive waves crashing the beach. still amazed at the crazies out there in bass boats.

Monty
06-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Went out Sunday in the pea soup here in the harbor, I took fellow SB member Joseph(aka Notaro) for some flounder, we got our limit and had a good time.

MrHunters
06-14-2010, 06:52 PM
went out sat around Ipswich glass calm, spitting rain... just enough to keep the boat traffic down.. it was a beautiful day.

niko
06-14-2010, 07:16 PM
nice pile of flatties

Double Hall
06-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Made it out around 7am Sunday with the lady. 20 mins into our outing it started to rain a little in Boston Harbor, so I didn't push my luck. Landed a 27" striper and headed in. I like the company, so I brought her in on a good note.

Hopped out tonight for an hour with the fly rod, saw birds looking for action, but again the sky got dark and I was due for dinner. Maybe Wednesday night.

smicka
06-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Went out on a friend's boat Saturday and fished off Martha's Vineyard. The stretch between Gay's Head and Squibnocket Point was hot with blues and striper's. About six other boats were in the area and we all were chasing seagulls and baitfish. We caught three nice blues (my first). We didn't get any striper's but other boats did. The area is beautiful, I was awed. I hope to return in the near future. What a RUSH! :fishin:

Typhoon
06-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Went to the Race saturday.. 1 before high tide it was crazy. Fish everywhere. Top bottom sideways.

Looked like the Expressway in gridlock traffic.

capecodder
06-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Was also in Ptown/RP Saturday. Was crazy with all the boats. Fish everywhere, but we were not equipped properly. Had been doing great with soft plastics in previous weeks but couldn't buy a bite Sat. Ended up sitting at Bubalas in Ptown watching the USA-England match with the wives...

blue oyster
06-15-2010, 05:02 PM
went out sat morn west end of canal sunny and warm a little windy, no fish,just some jackass in a huge yacht doing 40 that stinks , they have a new tourist attraction in boston haabah its a boat about 50" long called godzilla and it tears through the haabah at full bore and then it starts doing dognuts , it was like fishing in a washing machine the other day :wall: . but all and all sounds like most did well , i hope to get out thursday

jasonsnova
06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Went out Saturday at the mouth of the Merrimack plenty of fish and plenty of big swells. Pretty impressive waves crashing the beach. still amazed at the crazies out there in bass boats.
i was there too....got my personal best and alot of other good fish...
speaking of crazies did you happen to see the 2 teenage/early twenty kids fishing in a 12'long 3' wide aluminum boat in the mouth! now those boys had more balls then brains.....hell we got tossed pretty good in my 19' runabout! lol