View Full Version : lami 126 1mh conventional

freebie
06-16-2010, 06:54 PM
looking to sell or trade this rod. sell for 175 or trade for saltist spinner

1dozenraw
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
GSB ? Which blank is it? Who wrapped it? Components? Photos.

freebie
06-16-2010, 09:05 PM
this is an arra blank, was wrapped by cms...I don't have any pics but it is in excellent shape with trigger reel seat. not sure what the guides are as I'm the second owner but I think alconite or sic.

freebie
06-18-2010, 05:39 AM
price drop to 165

1dozenraw
06-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Hope you don't mind. I did some research on this blank.

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/how-tos-f-q-s-tips-tricks/23185-some-outfits.html

"Lamiglas XRA 126 1MH rod, Abu 7500C3 reel, 65# Power Pro:

While the All Star/Batson SU 1209 has many fans, this is still my #1 choice for Canal jigging. It can toss the biggest jigs you can buy, up to 6 oz. Unlike many of the Arra blanks that have a faster taper, this one bends almost to the butt when you have a fish on, and lifts a jig off the bottom effortlessly. I haven't hooked up with one yet that I couldn't turn, altho they probably are out there. It can also serve double duty for casting the biggest Hawg Hunter or Guppy pencils. I doubt you could ever break this rod except with the most ham-handed misuse. I've seen Don Willis hook and bring to the bank a small boat that broke loose from its mooring and was drifting downcurrent."

If I spent more time at the Canal, I'd grab this in a NY second. CMS wraps a beautiful rod in colors I generally like and this is a very good deal for anyone who does fish the Canal. I just can not justify another stick that I'll only use occasionally. Anyway, thought I'd post this info in the hopes it will help you sell it. Nice rod... cheap price.