View Full Version : Lami or Loomis?

Patrick
12-09-2000, 01:13 PM
I've heard good things about both companies. I'm just wondering what people like and why.

Got Stripers
12-09-2000, 01:33 PM
I've been building custom rods for some 12 years and use primarily Lamiglass. I find they will take a beating a lot better than the Lomis or some of the higher mod. graphite blanks everyones tooting. Yeah an IM7, IM8 or whatever else is out there MIGHT be a little more sensitive, but in my opinion you give up durability.

I'm sure you will be happy with either, but I'm a die hard Lamiglass man and will stick with what works. I've also had to return a couple rods that clients broke over the last 6 years and both came back with new blanks, no questions asked.

Tight lines.

JohnR
12-09-2000, 02:27 PM
Bang for the buck, look at the All-Star and Sabres. In some cases, the All-Star is better than the Lami or Loomis at far better prices. The Breakaways are built on the All-Star blanks...

Damon M.
12-09-2000, 07:09 PM
It really depends on what type of rod you want to build. Both companies offer types of blanks that the other doesnt. Loomis has a better selection of blanks under 10 feet and vice versa. As far as durability, I would put the Lami GSB series on about the same level as the Loomis, but the Ron Arra blanks tend to be rather fragile, especially the 10 ft L blank. A friend of mine broke two of them and he's pretty careful. Either way, both companies have good warranties.