View Full Version : Hey, where is ChrisL????

nightfighter
06-24-2010, 11:56 AM
MIA Anybody got info?

Slingah
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
he stopped posting years ago...
I miss his humor....funny focker...:jump1:

Clammer
06-24-2010, 05:39 PM
YUPPIE ,

HE,S GONE FROM THE SITE //BUT HE.S DOING OK ><><>:buds:

Slipknot
06-24-2010, 06:04 PM
saw him at too cold to fish night
don't see him online no more :(

tell him we said HIGH clammer

JohnR
06-24-2010, 06:40 PM
He was tired of a lot of the BS that happens from time to time. Yeh, miss Chris.

nightfighter
06-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Yep. Was just reminiscing over the old/early days, and the original crew of characters. Lots of names we could use back on the board more often,,,GB, CS, Red, to name a few. People stayed in touch to fish...Just seems there was more cameraderie back then, less mine is bigger than yours. And people actually came to Legs to see one another and laugh, the fishing was a bonus.....

Raven
06-24-2010, 07:41 PM
people actually came to Legs to see one another and laugh, the fishing was a bonus.....

i hear that

tlapinski
06-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Bumped into Chris last February at the fishing show in Hartford. It was right after I proposed to my GF which he thought was hillarious that I did at the show. Chris is a good dude. Every once in a while I look up an old post and give a lot of "oh yeah, I remember that guy" as I read through. I miss the Ledge. :devil2:

Mike P
06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Yep. Was just reminiscing over the old/early days, and the original crew of characters. Lots of names we could use back on the board more often,,,GB, CS, Red, to name a few. People stayed in touch to fish...Just seems there was more cameraderie back then, less mine is bigger than yours. And people actually came to Legs to see one another and laugh, the fishing was a bonus.....

Website growth is always a two-edged sword. :(

Nothing will ever come close to the good times a lot of us had years ago at the WMI boards.

UserRemoved1
06-25-2010, 04:32 AM
I miss MR MACY too :eyes:

Chris is a good chit

I miss the ledge too

Clammer
06-25-2010, 06:50 AM
YEAH /

MR MACY ........ NOW THAT MAN JUST %$%$%$%$IN VANISHED ..

THE LEDGE SHOULD BE BROUGHT BACK ,,.......WE NEED IT BACK >>>>>>> B A D ><><><><><><:bshake::humpty:

tattoobob
06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
I miss MR MACY too :eyes:

Chris is a good chit

I miss the ledge too

I miss my Mommy :bc:

Karl F
06-27-2010, 08:08 PM
think i saw Chris in line at a barber shop...

i miss the gutter....

JohnR
06-27-2010, 09:53 PM
think i saw Chris in line at a barber shop...

i miss the gutter....
:rotf2:

No Ledge, was more trouble than it was worth and no where near what it was intended to be :tooth: (but it was fun at times).

I've been toying with the idea of having private by-invitation-forums for groups but I don't want to be exclusionary.

Clammer
06-28-2010, 09:27 AM
JR ;

WTF did that .50 word come from ??????????????

nightfighter
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Got a PM from Chris. He is good, life has been busy.... he hasn't done any saltwater fishing. (Maybe we can tempt him for an October assault on Cuttyhunk!)

chris L
07-07-2010, 03:24 PM
:wavey::wavey:

Im still alive for now .

Karl have you been in the product again . barber shop LOL . like I even know where one is . How you been Karl
hello everyone

Clammer
07-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey Chris ;

make a call when ya in RI ><><<>

Karl F
07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
:wavey::wavey:

Im still alive for now .

Karl have you been in the product again . barber shop LOL . like I even know where one is . How you been Karl
hello everyone

Hey Chris!.. I knew that comment would bring you out :hihi:....
Been doing great thanks... and I switched "products".. not selling happy juice no more :D

How U doin???

BobT
07-09-2010, 10:06 AM
think i saw Chris in line at a barber shop... I don't think Chris knew what a barber shop was. Did he change? Haircut?

Saltheart
07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Website growth is always a two-edged sword. :(

Nothing will ever come close to the good times a lot of us had years ago at the WMI boards.

The whole WMI thing would be hard to repeat.

I thought we got off to a great start here. We would have 100 menbers on the board and 40 would attend the barbecue before the 4 legs.

I think growth is hard but also the way this sight grew was unusual. It started growing as individuals joined and moved from other sites here. Then suddenly its growth was by groups. The MSBA crowd came in mostly all at once , then the CT sirfcasters and their seperate forum , then the wave of "Pros" and all the associated issues.

Its hard when the original group suddenly doubles with the influx of people who know eachother but not the existing core. If this happens 3 or 4 times , soon its like 4 or 5 seperate groups rather than the tightly knit initial group. It went from really knowing people to knowing about people as the rapid growth spirts in groups just became too hard to keep track of everybody.

Now I'm not being negative here. just recounting how I see things went that changed the nature of the original site and members to what we have now.

I don't think there's any way to redo things or rpeat history. I do think the key to moving back to the direction where we started would be to have more live events. No way the good relationships can get tight by just internet contact. Its a great way to break the ice and exchange info etc but to build a tight group of friends like in the beginning there needs to be face to face in person interactions.

MAKAI
07-09-2010, 08:35 PM
MMMMMM. . . . Barbecue !!:drool:

Saltheart
07-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Almost forgot in the long post above..

Hi Chris :)

Slipknot
07-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Good idea Saltheart

and makai

I propose a TFHTFNO

too freikin hot to fish night out barbque

Raven
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
magnificent idea

great insight all

redlite
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
anyone heard of Tynan and Starfish lately??????