View Full Version : Just a thought.....

goosechase
06-24-2010, 06:44 PM
I went fishing the other day in my usual spot, the Deepwater hole in the S. River right off Truants Island. The fishing wasn't great but the bird watching was. There were these huge white snowy egrets in the marsh hopping and flying around from pool to pool looking for food and just poking around. I began to think about what an absolute tragedy is happening in the gulf coast to the wildlife, beaches, and all the people who are dependent on both. If our birds, beaches, and fish were destroyed by a never ending oil leak I would be devastated. I'm thankful we still have all of these things and sick about what's happening down there.

Nebe
06-24-2010, 08:12 PM
I feel the same. It's tragic
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim
06-25-2010, 10:04 AM
The domino effect will soon take place, and when the fish are gone, their prey (at least those that are oil-pollution tolerant) will have a population growth, which will be offset by the lack of sufficient food to support it, which will ultimately result in a major kill-off of a majority of the gulf.

The scope of this disaster is mind boggling, but one point that sticks in my craw is that these a-holes DID NOT HAVE ANY CONTINGENCY PLAN to cover a scenario such as this. I mean, they had absolutely no "back up plan". If that doesn't scream incompetance, I don't know what does.

How about the Jimmy Buffet FREE "Gulf coast benefit concert that had a-holes scalping tickets on Ebay for over $2,000.00?
Thankfully they stopped ALL auctions of these tickets.
There's always some POS that will want to screw up a free lunch by trying this crap.

Raven
06-25-2010, 10:35 AM
the "Rookie" couldn't handle it.... :doh:

his bottom line............
Quote:
"after the SPILL the phone stopped ringing"
(at a loss of 5-6 thousand per month)

after working for BP hauling Boom and never was PAID
he took his own life

Family: Oil disaster devastated captain who committed suicide - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/25/gulf.oil.disaster.suicide/index.html?hpt=C1)