:(

BigFish
06-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I feel that alot myself.:(:(

Karl F
06-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Don't know, striper fishing just doesn't seem the same without
the essence of Steve and John Sr. :(

True...but, I am sure that both would tell you, if they could, that while it is important to Know, Honor, and Remember the past, (but not so much to dwell upon it), and they would thank you for remembering them, they would also tell you to get out, and go!!..Think of them while fishing, that is how I bet, they would like to be remembered best...

If there is a here-after, they are both on open beaches, shoulder to shoulder with the like of Arnold Laine, Stan Gibbs, Al Bentsen, and all the old guard that have crossed over to the Big Beach, a beach not plauged by seals, nor closed for birds, a beach with plentiful space, and no bait issues, large fish abundant.

think of them both that way... :D :uhuh:

Raven
06-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I know what ya mean DAVE....

it's tough to think their not here anymore. :confused:

and Karl , Many thanks for the Big Beach vision.

BigFish
06-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Well said Karl! Here, here!:cheers2:

FishermanTim
06-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Kind of like when Bird, Parrish and McHale left the Celts, and you spend years thinking how things have changed since they left......
and then you get Pierce, Garnet, Allen, Rondo, Perkins and Davis and you feel rejuvenated again.

They may be gone, but I'm sure that they have inspired many who will carry on and keep their spirits alive.

Isn't is amazing that just the sheer mention of a person's name can evoke so many memories?

Backbeach Jake
06-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks K.
Today, no fooling, I was cut off on Rt. 9 by an ExTerra. The driver was a dead ringer for Flap. No lie, I had to look twice. He gave me a big grin. I nearly cried....

Clammer
06-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Karl ;

There better be fishing / & ocean / & the smell of low tide @ that other place ; &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& all the pussy has to be young @ heart , wet , odorless & shaved ><><><><><><:drool:

Karl F
06-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Guys,... it would be plagirism if i took credit for the Big Beach picture... that is something i have heard more than once from the Senior Angler... Clammer I am also sure that the Senior Angler would approve of your addendum as well
:uhuh:

Nebe
06-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks K.
Today, no fooling, I was cut off on Rt. 9 by an ExTerra. The driver was a dead ringer for Flap. No lie, I had to look twice. He gave me a big grin. I nearly cried....

:(

JohnR
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Think of them while fishing, that is how I bet, they would like to be remembered best...
:D :uhuh:

:btu: :btu: :btu:

I say hello to three people when out on the suds at night.The past few years it has been Johnny, this year added Steve to that list, and it has been probably ten or 11 years for me saying hello to a young lad named Ryan that I never did meet that passed way too young but his story really hits me and has done so for years.

They are alive because of us and through us and I doubt they would accept us to stop and mope or have it any other way. So get a fish, and release it, and thank them.

When you are out on your rock or your lonely stretch of sand, look up, say hello, and remember the good.

FishermanTim
07-01-2010, 09:52 AM
I say a special "Thank you" to my father when fishing, because he was the one that got me started. With him it wasn't about the gear as it was about the fisherman. He taught me to REALLY appreciate patience and, when I can find it, peace and quiet no matter where I am. (Think about finding solitude in a crowd, that kind of "zen" thing)

Prior to his passing in 2001, we would spend 1 long weekend a year camping and fishing down on the cape. Sun up to sun down in a 12" pram, only touching land when it was time to go back to camp.

I have so many memories of just these trips alone, and we did plenty of day trips as well.

I can only hope that I have inspired at least one of my neices or nephews in a similar fashion, so that others can find their own nirvana.

mrstriper
07-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Hey Clammer...if the fishing is that Ideal in the hereafter, who the hell cares what the cats are like:grins: