View Full Version : where to fly fish for stripers in Bar Harbor,Me

Tajue17
06-28-2010, 06:41 AM
going there for the the 4th but I'll be up there for a few days,,, I'd like to try some fly rodding for stripers from the shore,, wading out or fishign fromt he rocks/jetties--> catch n release but not sure where to go out or if theres any decent areas that allow the back cast.

can anyone point me where to go?

thanks T on the south shore.

JFigliuolo
06-28-2010, 07:25 AM
too far north in my experience. Fishing in Maine in general has been terrible the past 3 years. (stripers).

Beautiful area up in BH, but not for striper fishing.

WoodyCT
06-28-2010, 08:46 AM
I'd suggest the habbah might habbah some bass;-))

Any rocky point with moving water is worth a shot.

Ditto an outflow that might flush bait around.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JoeBass
06-28-2010, 10:06 AM
I fly fish southern Maine for stripers a lot. Pretty much what WoodyCT said. If you can find an outgoing tidal river, that is where I have had my best luck. Fish it where it enters the ocean, or up steam if there are any holding spots. Off the rocks when there is current also has worked. I usually fish 5" clausers and sand eel imitations. Good Luck!!

Tajue17
06-28-2010, 10:56 AM
ok I'll do that and try to spot somewhere to throw a line from,,, as for the area I'll bring my 5# too,, this is a striper only forum but if anyone knows of any fresh spots or ponds in that immediate area PM me if you cannot post them here. I need something to do when the wife does her "browsing the shops" ,,,, also any nice fly fishing shops too let me know..

thanks for all the info and happy 4th..