View Full Version : Fish feast

Saltheart
06-30-2010, 10:52 PM
I going to a restaurant on the Pawtucket , South Attleboro boarder tomorrow for their all you can eat lunch buffet. The place is called Spumoni's. Its a lunch buffet and not really expensive , maybe the same as a typical chinese lunch buffet 9lunch buffets are generally much less than dinner buffets). They don't do it every day but I think its tuesday wed and thursday but double check before taking a wasted ride in case I have the days mixed up. Its a pretty just OK buffet as far as everything except the fish. The fish is usually cod or haddock and its baked. With fish being so damned expensive now , its a pretty good deal for a fish lover. Ther's pasta of course and taters to fill people up and the chicken dishes are sometimes good but without the fish , I would not go there.

Anybody else know of places where you can get great gobs of good fish at reasonable prices?

RIJIMMY
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
:):):)

Obesity rates spike in 28 states
Posted: 08:00 AM ET
Dr. Sanjay Gupta - CNN Chief Medical Correspondent
Filed under: Health
(CNN) – New evidence suggests Americans are not improving when it comes to a healthy weight. Adult obesity rates shot up in 28 states over the past year. There are obesity provisions built in to the new health care reform law and the White House is crusading against childhood obesity. Our chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta joined us on Wednesday's American Morning to break it all down.

MarshCappa
07-01-2010, 11:26 AM
On Fathers Day I went to The Tinkers Son in Norwell(formerly Mt Blue) for their Irish brunch. $17, all you could eat with some great stuff. Everything you could think of and the staff there is just fabulous. Our band plays there so I'm a little partial but the place is awesome with the new owner.

PRBuzz
07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Where's a HoJo's fish feed when you need one? Kids eat free!

JamesJet
07-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Go out on a headboat, and fill your freezer. I went a few weeks ago out of Maine and ended up with between 30-40lb of fillets, mostly cod with some hake, redfish, and haddock mixed in for good measure. It cost me $170 plus tipping the mate and my family is set for a while (at least until late september when my next trip is scheduled). Even at previously frozen prices that still is competitive and the next days fish fry was AMAZING.

Saltheart
07-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Somehow I don't think eating baked fish is whats causing obesity. It may be that the buffet also includes Lasagna , italian sausages , pizza , greasy potatoes , etc. However , i did eat plenty of nice baked Cod today for $7.50.

I've been on plenty of fishing boats where people load up with filets. In fact I can eat all the striper I want for free. :) However , something nice about just driving there , eating and leaving the cooking and clean up to them. It was very good today.

Adam_777
07-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Go out on a headboat, and fill your freezer. I went a few weeks ago out of Maine and ended up with between 30-40lb of fillets, mostly cod with some hake, redfish, and haddock mixed in for good measure. It cost me $170 plus tipping the mate and my family is set for a while (at least until late september when my next trip is scheduled). Even at previously frozen prices that still is competitive and the next days fish fry was AMAZING.

Not always the case.Went out of Pt.Judith a week or so ago.Fluke trip came home empty.:wall: