View Full Version : Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod
07-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Saturday was a lovely morning to be fishing off of Cape Ann and I hope you were one of the lucky persons to be fishing our rocky shore. I was out at 4:30AM facinating myself catching about 30 -40 macs for my 7 AM trip.

As the three sports and I headed out of the harbor I had let them dip my home made sabikis in for a few minutes to let them have a thrill catching a few more macs.

It was a very slow start as we got to the deep water where I wanted to start trolling for bass. We trolled for two hours with not even a hit from a bass or blue. We anchored and hooked a nice 48 inch bass within minutes of which they decided to keep. And then you may say disaster strikes we start catching dogs.

We came off the anchor and started trolling once again and no sooner then starting to move one of the sports hook a 38 inch bass. We kept them two fish and we hooked and released two more. One of the sports that had not caught any fish to this point wanted to know how many fish could be kept and I said you are allowed two a piece. Well one of the other sports hooks another nice bass he brings it to the boat un hooks it and now the guy that has not caught any wanted to keep a second fish and the other two told him he had plenty as they discuss about releasing it the guys line that had not caught one yells, "I have one." As he starts to reel in the other guys throw the other bass back in the water. The person with the bad luck loses the fish.

They went home with two bass and released three