View Full Version : Nelsons in P Town

JHABS
03-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Heard NELSONS BAIT and TACKLE was SOLD ,I hope not .Hope its only a RUMOR .You won't find a BETTER guy than EMILIO who owned it......

Blitzseeker
03-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Can't confirm, but it would not surprise me. It was up for sale all last year.....I talked to Emilio and he was looking to retire down to Carolina with his horses where he spends every off season.

They shut down his horseback riding business last year due to some sort of new National Seashore regulations, and I think that was the last straw for him.

The whole place, including the deli and the small white house up on the little hill overlooking Route 6, was up for sale. I planned several times to call the realtor about price but never did.

I agree it is a great place. I think there is room for improvement, though, but equal room to screw it up. Hope it works out for the best as I rely on it quite a bit during certain stretches of the season.

Jenn
03-11-2003, 05:26 PM
:err: :err: :err:

NO! they better not screw it up! bait & tackle....best breakfast sandwichs when you stroll off the beach in the morning, ice, air, & a few other essentials!!!! who could want/need anything else???

Not to mention I can remeber going there back when it was upstairs and I was just a little tyke.:( :( :(

guess I hate change that way...:rolleyes:

Bob Thomas
03-11-2003, 05:33 PM
I thought Emilio just bought the "Old Cape Cod Tackle Box" not too long ago??? Did that fold or were both sold??

THat's a shame but good for Emilio. Retire and enjoy life!! As MikeCC always told me.....owning a tackleshop is ok if you don't like to fish. I'll never forget that little tidbit when I told him he had the best job around :smash: :smash:

Lets hope they keep the shop together.

mikecc
03-11-2003, 05:36 PM
I talked with them last fall and they said that if they did not get a buyer by spring they were just closing. It's been on the market for about 1 1/2 years now and he wanted to head south.

Blitzseeker
03-11-2003, 06:01 PM
He did buy the Tackle Box and renamed it Nelson's II or something like that.

My understanding is that the listing was just for the property on Race Pt. Road.

Based on the news that if he didn't sell by this spring he was just going to close, I hope to god he did sell. Not having a tackle shop there would be a real pain in the a$$.

I always thought he could have had a better selection of plugs there.

JHABS
03-11-2003, 06:59 PM
NELSONS 2 was open for a year, they decided to just run NELSONS 1. I know they were going to open if there was no sale of the property before the season started..........I will miss them . , I 've never seen a shop sell HABS NEEDLEFISH as fast as NELSONS.

jeffsod
03-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Glad the wife and I took advantage of the horse tour through the dunes at Nelsons when we did. What a beautiful spot out there. Serious calves on those horses from walking in sand all day too.

It is a shame the national seashore shut that down! We would never have been able to hike into where we went on those horses.

Another fishing related real estate note, maybe this is old news to you guys, but I noticed in the March South Of Boston Home Showcase that Upper Cape Realty has a listing in Sagamore Beach for an "Antique Cape with a 24x26 workshop/guest house. Home and workshop of Legendary fisherman Stan Gibbs"

Can be had for 240,000 and only steps to the canal.

l.i.fish.in.vt
03-11-2003, 09:40 PM
if it was sold i hope Jack will be back to work there.

JohnR
03-11-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by jeffsod

Another fishing related real estate note, maybe this is old news to you guys, but I noticed in the March South Of Boston Home Showcase that Upper Cape Realty has a listing in Sagamore Beach for an "Antique Cape with a 24x26 workshop/guest house. Home and workshop of Legendary fisherman Stan Gibbs"

Can be had for 240,000 and only steps to the canal.

Wow....

capesams
03-11-2003, 10:02 PM
yes old news, good price too, someone I know was looking at it. said I'd be happy to help clean or move things out. stan's in chatham now in the nurseing home:(

Backbeach Jake
03-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Nooooooo! now what do I do?