View Full Version : " And the award goes to...."

tysdad115
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Saw a candidate for the Balloon Head of the Year Award Saturday on the canal. Afternoon slack tide west bound, younger kid (20ish) chunking macks. He gets a hit, sets hook and starts reelin away, the fish came up gave a nice belly roll. It was a decent sized bass, about 100ft out he decided to "reset" the hook I guess, he gave a behomoth yank (I cant stress enough the yank he gave) which immediately snapped his pole right at the grip. A cheapo I would say, his dumbfounded reaction was to grab the line and hand pull it in....needless to say he was using braid...now bloodied and poleless, he tried in vain to land this nice fish. The third kick in the nuts is the fish got away.....frustrated and bleeding he grabbed his stuff and started walking away. Sir, you forgot your pole holder!!!!

Ever have one of them days?
"Here's your sign"

Thumper
07-06-2010, 12:08 PM
There is this guy in my town that sets the hook about 10 times when he is fighting a fish. It is the funniest thing in the world watching him fight a fish, like wtf. When I first saw it happen I thought he was just pumping the rod but nope. Anyone who fishin qounny bway knows who I'm talkin about he fishes the west side every morning. The stuff you see fishing the soco bways is pricless!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frankiesurf
07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
A guy I know sets the hook on anything and everything. Seaweed, the lip of the trough, every rock in a 5 mile radius.

Completely ridiculous, set the hook once if it don't hold then you wont know it till the fish is gone.

JohnR
07-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Canal is PRICELESS

Islander77
07-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Thumper he is senile old man don't pick on him.... Bit it is funny as he'll to watch. Last time I was there fishing and he was I lost a spool of braid cause of him he tangled with four differrent people that night on same side.... Sad part was everytime he tangled he did his set it ten times ritual.... Lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device