View Full Version : I'M LOST !!!

Raider Ronnie
07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Life can certainly change quick ! My wife calls me today @ 2:30 hysterical saying she needs me home, something happened to our dog and it died in our house, most likely had a stroke or heart attack. Now I have to decide if to bury the dog in our yard or cremation.
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, but I'm a bit lost right now !

niko
07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
sorry for your loss bud. i remember when i lost niko - it was terrible

spence
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear about that...loosing a dog is hard, they're such great animals.

I'd cremate the dog and bury the ashes.

-spence

wader-dad
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
People who don't have dogs do not understand the bond you have with a dog. Very sorry.

silverardo
07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
sorry to read about your loss ronny its a hard thing to go through

JohnnyD
07-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this. We just had to unexpectedly put down my lab a few weeks ago. Wader-dad said it right... it's tough to understand the bond unless you've had a dog.

Frankiesurf
07-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I would go with cremation as I have with a few pets so far. If you bury them in the yard then that is where they will stay. I have pets from when I was a kid spread through a couple of yards I will never be in again.

When they mean that much to you it is easier to keep them close. Sorry for the loss.

afterhours
07-06-2010, 06:33 PM
sorry to hear this ronnie....if you think you'll be in that house for the long run, i'd bury your bud there.

SurfCaster413
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Personally I would do the cremation, and I know its tough right now but I highly suggest getting another one it helps the healing process greatly. I know it did for me when I lost my dog. Really sorry for the lost Ronny

PRBuzz
07-06-2010, 06:55 PM
RR: sorry for the loss of what was likely your closest, best, loyal friend which is what a dog is to an owner. They truly are family. If you feel strongly about cremation/bury in the yard then do it. Although I must say when we had our dogs (2) of 14 and 12+ years put down, we let the vet hospital take the remains and I have no regrets as it is the memory of them that last.

freebie
07-06-2010, 06:57 PM
sorry for you loss...not sure what I would do if I lost one of mine

Sea Dangles
07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Sorry for your family's loss RR.

Slingah
07-06-2010, 07:04 PM
sorry to hear that news Ronnie...

MarshCappa
07-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm really sorry to hear this sad news. It can't be easy right now. I'm really sorry.

Swimmer
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Ronnie So sorry for your loss. I had mine cremated two years ago. Went through the vet in West Bridgewater when she passed. But they are all done in Lakeville at least from this area. Give thm a call. They pickup. Also request she is cremated by herself. No other dogs. It cost a few bucks more but the peice of mind is worth it. When she is ready you can pick her up. They have nice inexpensive boxes. I touch Minnies everyday and then the new golden laps the chit out of my face.

FishNH
07-06-2010, 08:07 PM
sorry to hear of your families loss. prayers sent

ecduzitgood
07-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm sorry for your loss and have gone both routes only because I was told it's against the law to bury them in your yard. I still prefer to bury them were they lived and let them become part of the land where they belonged. I did spread the ashes around the yard after which helped me heal. I try and look at death as the end of physical being and the beginning of spiritual being, where although the physical connection is gone the soul is now free to go on without the limitations associated with the physical being/body.

Slipknot
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
:( sorry to hear that Ronnie

late-start
07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear about you and your wife's loss. I'll never forget the day (11 years ago) that I had to put my 3year GermanShepard down because he broke his back. I still carry his dog tag in my key chain.

kenyee
07-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Condolences Ronnie...

Clammer
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
R/R

sorry for your loss .. I had sadie cremated & she sits on top of the desser with my wifes ashes ...... its already in the will .. where ever I go they go .
I think it eases the pain .

even thru the pain was near the top today ;;:uhuh:

luds
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Ronnie. My deepest condolences.

BassDawg
07-07-2010, 12:29 AM
i am sorry for your LOSS, Ronnie~~~
dawwwgs are near to my heart and they ARE

man's best friend, his best listener, and his best boat mate!!!

if cremated, he is able to go where you go; or, he could be
linked with the cosmos and the nature of your guys' favorite haunt??

thoughts and prayers to you and your wife~~~

nightfighter
07-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Tough loss, Ronnie..... Spend some time with the family making a collage from all the pictures you have of the dog. It will help the whole family remember the good times and make those the lasting memories.

cableguy
07-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Sorry for your loss...hang in there

BigFish
07-07-2010, 05:32 AM
Sorry to hear that Ronnie.

LT. DAN 2
07-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Ron...Sorry for your loss. When my daughter lost her dog and best companion, she asked if she could bury him in our yard and plant a pine tree over her. She is very much into nature/karma/ intertwining of all things so when she visited she could relive the many adventures they experienced together.
It's been 2 years and she doesn't stop by without looking at the tree and reflecting....

Raider Ronnie
07-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks everyone.
The hole in my yard is dug, it's not going to be a fun day having to say goodbye to my best friend,
on top of that dealing with 3 young kids who have grown up with the dog for the past 8 years. Parenting doesn't come with any manuals or instructions on dealing with this.

JohnR
07-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks everyone.
The hole in my yard is dug, it's not going to be a fun day having to say goodbye to my best friend,
on top of that dealing with 3 young kids who have grown up with the dog for the past 8 years. Parenting doesn't come with any manuals or instructions on dealing with this.

Hey Bud. No, there is no manual but get all your kids together and talk it through. Nightfighter had a great idea, get the kids together to do a scrapbook, have the youngest draw a picture or two, put them in an album. When the time is right, a new puppy will help the kids out a lot (and you).

Sorry to hear this. Painful it is.

angler229
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Sorry for your loss.

mtejo
07-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Sorry...
Sorry…
Cremate and bury at sea… seems like the right thing to do…

striperman36
07-07-2010, 07:48 AM
I put the A/C in the dogs room after reading this. I was concerned all day yesterday that my Shepherd would have issues.
I am sorry for you loss, my dogs are my best buds, although, the german shepherd on the boat is just not a good thing, more the trip to the boat is not a good thing. Major car sickness

tysdad115
07-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Ronnie- So sorry for your loss. My dog's are like 2 additional kids,except the dogs listen to me. Our sympathy to your family.
I know it's too early,but one of my neighbors is being forclosed on and they can't keep their boxer. She is a great dog, shes a white 4?? year old boxer that needs a great home, she is deaf but a great loving dog. Maybe a sign from above in your time of need?

Finlander
07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Sory to read of your loss Ronnie, they are family, it's tough. Wishing you and the family the best.

StriperZ
07-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Pets are a wonderful blessing, each dog is different with his or her own personality. I can still remember each of mine, long gone.

I am sorry for your loss, try to think about the fun walks, the lazy afternoon naps, the playful pup that first pierced your heart, and most of all remember that they lived for the moment. 5 seconds, 5 hours, or 5 days, dogs are just as happy to see after each time frame.

The pain may ease or disappear, and I hope it does, but you will never lose the memories.

Take care!

JFigliuolo
07-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Sorry to hear Ronnie. Had to put 2 dogs down about a year apart. Still miss them something terrible. It does get easier and the good memories take over in time.

MakoMike
07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Mt condolances, I know its tough. I've done it both ways and no regrets.

RIJIMMY
07-07-2010, 11:52 AM
wow, that really sucks, sorry to hear about your loss

sokinwet
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Bad deal Ron...had to put down my 5 year old setter due to cancer not long ago; best advice for you and the boys...get a replacement ASAP...nothing like a new pup to ease the pain of losing a good friend.

Bronko
07-07-2010, 12:42 PM
That sucks Ronnie. Hang in there. Remember the good times.

ProfessorM
07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
sorry for your loss Ron. Had mine cremated a year or so ago and it sits on the shelf in a nice box. Was not too expensive and a very fitting tribute to a loving family member.

rickhern
07-07-2010, 06:14 PM
So sorry to hear Ronnie. I have 2 old friends buried in my backyard. I remember how upset I was at having to tell my then 4 yr old that Suzie wasn't coming home. The amazing thing was how supportive HE was of ME.

Hang in there Ronnie.

FISHING_FOOL
07-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Sorry for your loss. Its a very tough thing to deal with.

MrHunters
07-07-2010, 06:59 PM
got a 3 year old.. can't imagine what you are going through.. hang in there bud.

leo33
07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
sorry for your loss.
i understand your pain.my dog passed on Monday suddenly.i'm still in shock over how quickly it happened.we left the house for a half hour and when we got home she was gone. she is buried in the back yard under a tree and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Raider Ronnie
07-08-2010, 06:27 AM
sorry for your loss.
i understand your pain.my dog passed on Monday suddenly.i'm still in shock over how quickly it happened.we left the house for a half hour and when we got home she was gone. she is buried in the back yard under a tree and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Very sorry about you dog also.
This is the 2nd dog (Boxer) I've buried in my yard, the 1st one died of cancer, we knew the time was coming it would die and that was bad enough, this time no warning at all. Never 1 health issue or had been sick ever.
I'm in a state of shock and really lost right now.

JoeBass
07-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi Ronnie, I'm really sorry to hear about your Dog. We lost our lab Pete 3 weeks ago. She was the heart of our house and my 17 year old son's best friend. We've had her 14 lucky years. My son wanted her cremated so he could keep the ashes next to his bed in a box.

MAKAI
07-08-2010, 07:56 AM
So sorry Ron
I have a 10 yr old Golden that when it's time, her ashes will be with mine.
You can always feel them inside your heart.

tattoobob
07-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Sorry for you loss Ronnie

it's tough losing a pet/ loved one

Swimmer
07-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Ronnie their is nothing like a new puppy looking up at you to ease the pain. It is truly easy to transfer the love for one dog to a new little one. T & P to you and t he wife again. Take care

eskimo
07-08-2010, 09:30 AM
sorry to hear...

saltydog
07-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Ronnie,sorry to hear that, I also have pets in my back yard. even now I still remember everything about them, something you will never forget, the joy from having them around.
GOOD LUCK GOOD MEMORIES

JFigliuolo
07-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Bad deal Ron...had to put down my 5 year old setter due to cancer not long ago; best advice for you and the boys...get a replacement ASAP...nothing like a new pup to ease the pain of losing a good friend.

I agree, but there will be no "replacement" as each dog is an individual no two are the same.

We got another dog pretty soon (ok, REAL soon) after putting down our last dog. I was glad we did, it did help allot and she turned out to be a wonderful dog.

My sister and her husband waited a year or so... That was right for them. Do what feels right to you.

The Iceman 6
07-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Sorry for your loss RR.

Squid kids Dad
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Ronnie,sorry to hear that..Hang in there

Notfishinenuf
07-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Sorry for your loss. It is not easy and time will help. I can never think of my last pup without bringing a tear to my eyes. She was my best friend and a member of the family. Over time we got a new pup. It is not the same but it is helpful. She is a great friend as well. It takes time but the feelings will pass. But the memories will last forever.

Vic

Raven
07-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Condolences Ron