View Full Version : cliff Lee

ProfessorM
07-09-2010, 09:53 AM
if the friggin mercenary Yankmeee's get, buy, cliff lee I will stop watching baseball this year. Just not fair.

The Dad Fisherman
07-09-2010, 10:30 AM
The rest of Major league baseball is the Yank-mees farm system...:wall:

MLB Desperately needs a Salary Cap.

And I realize it will also impact the Sox.......but it would be nice to see some of the smaller markets compete for a change

stcroixman
07-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Stop yer crying. They are trading for him, nothing against the rules there. They are giving up good prospects not a bucket of balls.

ProfessorM
07-09-2010, 03:56 PM
but they will be paying him a pretty penny, like only they can, when the time comes. Didn't say they were breaking any rules. It is my job to whine.

Wouldn't just some year you like to see all the teams have the same amount of $$$ to spend and see how you measure up to them? Probably not you are too spoiled. Oh oh I am starting a comm vs rec's argument.:)

ProfessorM
07-09-2010, 05:22 PM
gone to the lone star state, there is a fairness god

mosholu
07-09-2010, 07:23 PM
While I think the Yanks would have liked to have him if he could be gotten without sacrificing a prospect I think they will move for him in the off season. With Andy Pettitte close to 40 he will need to be replaced and Lee is very close to CC. Texas is bankrupt so they will not be able to offer him in the way of a new contract so it is safe to assume he will be back on the market and heading towards the beautiful Bronx.

The Dad Fisherman
07-10-2010, 10:56 AM
the beautiful Bronx.

Do you live there?....I mean, if its so Beautiful I think you'd jump at the chance to live there...:hihi:

mosholu
07-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Well Dad i lived there for almost 19 years and I attended a grade school that was three blocks from the stadium. While it has had some hard times that have really dragged its reputation down there are sections of the Bronx today that are quite nice but you never hear about them because it does not fit with the image given out by the media.