View Full Version : The Swap

Fly Rod
07-10-2010, 11:10 AM
What is your opinon on the swap for spies?

I myself think it was a great deal for the country. Our counter intelligence has been following them for at least the past year and I would think that if they had done much damage that the swap would not have been made. Also look at the money the tax payer is saving, we do not need to house or feed them. I'm only guessing but I would think we are saving around 60,000 per person a year x ten.

Raider Ronnie
07-10-2010, 12:07 PM
I bet that when Clinton was pres there was a LOT of swapping going on !

JohnR
07-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Not worried about the money necessarily. While I'm a cheap bastard, the money spent will still be cheaper than a grant to study the celibacy habbits of the unrevered Western Yukon Tree Sloth.

Hell, it will cost us more for taking care of the 4 we got back than it would to give 10-20 for the ten russkies. And we should take care of the people that have endured considerable risk to themselves for our interests.

buckman
07-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I heard the swap was in the works before they arrested the spies?????

UserRemoved1
07-10-2010, 01:07 PM
yea it was reported this morning that one of the lawyers for the cambridge people had a sit down with russian diplomats about a day after they were arrested and it was known then the date was Thursday.

All I can say is these guys for the US must be worth a friggin crapload or they possess some serious intel...

SurfCaster413
07-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I wish I was interagating that hot russian spy lol

spence
07-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I think Russia really didn't want this to become an even bigger story than it did.

Give Obama some props here as our relationship with Russia is apparently quite good right now.

There are most likely unused chits that can be spent on Iran.

-spence

JohnR
07-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I think Russia really didn't want this to become an even bigger story than it did.

Give Obama some props here as our relationship with Russia is apparently quite good right now.

There are most likely unused chits that can be spent on Iran.

-spence

:rotf2: YGTBSM ?

spence
07-10-2010, 10:17 PM
:rotf2: YGTBSM ?

Nope, you're just not used to seeing global politics at this level.

-spence

stcroixman
07-11-2010, 06:35 AM
overblown story IMO. How about the six US guys who died in the useless Afghanstan War yesterday?

Do you think that will get much media attention? Probably not,as it is not a sexy story, that is what drives the media these days.

JohnR
07-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Nope, you're just not used to seeing global politics at this level.

-spence

:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

You're kidding? I have no love for the Bush regime but the Obama Administration is giving Romper Room a bad name. As for seeing global politics at this level, you're correct, I have not seen such denigration of America at the highest levels before. This surpasses the buffoonery of the last admin.

Yes, there have been some successes but this admin is probably doing worse than the previous admin.

Or let me paraphrase in a Spenceism.

"Sure, there were some early failures in foreign policy but as the President's team has come up to speed we are seeing accomplishments at all levels of foreign policy. I expect this will only get better as other nations appreciate or breadth of cooperation..."

Or something to that effect.

I wish HILLARY beat Obama in the Primary (I think).