View Full Version : This is the week

redlite
07-13-2010, 03:39 PM
This is the week to score that supa cow or even mega cow. We are comin off a new moon and last nite was the biggest tide of the year. Tides will be slowin down enough for the fish to be more apt to come in and feed.
This week will probably be the best shot at big fish before the water gets too much warmer (fish last nite were comin in medium-rare) and the fire in the water starts to take over the dark nites.
The grass is so brown and dead that I don't gotta waste precious fishin time mowin it. (is grass supposed to crunch when you walk on it barefoot??)
Plus before the comm guys clean out all the big fish.

Go get em everyone.

So what r u gonna do to make the most of it?

bart
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
what's a fish? :confused:

Rob Rockcrawler
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Its gunna be a tough week time wise, hoping for 2 night trips, one will be more of a scout for a few hours after work. The next its game time. Im going to rig a couple eels and see how they work for me, it will be my first time trying them.

SurfCaster413
07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Gonna have to try around ri somewhere sunday

spence
07-13-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't even know where my wader boots are.

God, I hope I didn't sell all my surf rods :confused:

-spence

Frankiesurf
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
The fire in the water is in full effect down here. I hate that crap.

WoodyCT
07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
My ZB comes home tomorrow.:banano:

And is going out tomorrow night!:humpty:

luds
07-13-2010, 06:16 PM
The fire in the water is in full effect down here. I hate that crap.

We've got that up here too.

nightfighter
07-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Game up this way has flipped on a dime. Saturday's monsoon put massive amounts of runoff and the crap that goes with it in the coastal waters. Water temps have soared up to the mid high seventies! Even a couple miles out. Unheard of here. Macks are scarce in the places they were for the past months. And I know why... Had a monster bluefish hit my sabiki's weighted hook while bump trolling at the mouth of Mhead harbor. Still no signs of pogies. Time to change gears, quickly......

ivanputski
07-13-2010, 10:26 PM
I started 6 days of masters degree classes!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!! what kind of sick bastard schedules masters classes during the new moon week??? I swore I wouldnt even check in here because I dont want to fishing busted wide open, but I couldnt stay way... sat nite I'll be out...

The Dad Fisherman
07-14-2010, 05:12 AM
Game up this way has flipped on a dime. Saturday's monsoon put massive amounts of runoff and the crap that goes with it in the coastal waters. Water temps have soared up to the mid high seventies! Even a couple miles out. Unheard of here. Macks are scarce in the places they were for the past months. And I know why... Had a monster bluefish hit my sabiki's weighted hook while bump trolling at the mouth of Mhead harbor. Still no signs of pogies. Time to change gears, quickly......

They were catching Macs Sunday off the peir at Salem Willows....they may have shifted a little

RIROCKHOUND
07-14-2010, 06:05 AM
July big fish spot last night.
1 dink.
que sera

Sparfish
07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Seen Porgies being hauled out in large numbers. Last Saturday alone, I had 10 schoolies on 12 casts (12-24") with a walk-the-dog Olive XRap w/ red tail. Not cows, but a lot of fun all the same!

late-start
07-14-2010, 09:05 AM
If the lightning holds off, then I'm out tonight!!

stinkyink
07-14-2010, 01:26 PM
I knew you couldn't stay away putski.

BassDawg
07-14-2010, 04:27 PM
went out last night,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
it only pissed a bit and static lightning was around

3 hrs starting at High until 0430~~

plenty of salad going for my undersized eels, no bumps!!
time to go with riggies til Thurs, when more eeeels arrive,
and aim a bit further South. gonna hit the Harbor tonight.

kicking myself for NOT going to where the tides break,
where the night is day, and where men from Franklin are men
and potatoes run skeeeeered :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

redlite
07-15-2010, 09:17 AM
.....or maybe this isn't the week............surf is MASSIVE and dirty.........and now it is supposed to blow like a 2 dollar hooker for the next couple of nites.....WTF....waste of dark side of the moon....Sorry for the jinx.

CowHunter
07-15-2010, 09:24 AM
.....or maybe this isn't the week............surf is MASSIVE and dirty.........and now it is supposed to blow like a 2 dollar hooker for the next couple of nites.....WTF....waste of dark side of the moon....Sorry for the jinx.

It was a good week for Joe Macari who wieghed in a 53.6 for Team Reel Deal :-)

piemma
07-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Mike Lannie got a 64#+ for Team RISAA last week. Biggest bass ever weighed in for The Cup

doc
07-15-2010, 09:43 AM
...what is up with warm water here on the north shore...i have grown up here and i cant remember it ever being this warm...let alone in july...????

redlite
07-15-2010, 10:27 AM
It was a good week for Joe Macari who wieghed in a 53.6 for Team Reel Deal :-)

Nice.
But I don't really care about boat fish.........Unless you wanna take me Ken!!!! Miss fishin with you.

I hope you guys can hold off Team Striper.

BassDawg
07-15-2010, 11:56 AM
had a verrrry skiddish

bah~BUMP, last night.

kinda heavy for a 1/2 take, but no purchase of steel.
i was slow on the trigger and missed the ONE hit of the night.
:wall: :wall: :wall:

by the way~~~~
thanks to redlite for sharing yer eel riggin' head hook advice!!
BEST eeeeels i've ever rigged and they swam like Champions~~

CowHunter
07-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Nice.
But I don't really care about boat fish.........Unless you wanna take me Ken!!!! Miss fishin with you.

I hope you guys can hold off Team Striper.

I hear Ya... But all we care about is the wieght of the top 10 fish... Fifty is a fifty! Need a minimum of 530lbs! 509 now... We are a totally different team this year...