View Full Version : Best thing I've seen in 86 days

UserRemoved1
07-15-2010, 07:48 AM
:hang:

FishermanTim
07-15-2010, 12:25 PM
How long before we hear from "El Presidente" that "we" fixed the oil leak?

Seriously, it's about flippin' time.
If you have the technology and "experience to drill that far down, you should at least have some sort of "contingency" plan should something bad like this happens. Apparantly BP was too smart to need that, huh?:smash::fury::wall:
Apparantly they won't be needing BILLIONS of dollars over the next 10+ years as they PAY for the cleanup either.:smash:

Raven
07-15-2010, 12:44 PM
to save money....$$$$$$$$$$

and they will allow this spill to continue to poison our shores
for 15+ more years to save .....even more money

that's why?

they sunk the oil with "corexit" dispersant

redlite
07-15-2010, 01:36 PM
to save money....$$$$$$$$$$

and they will allow this spill to continue to poison our shores
for 15+ more years to save .....even more money

that's why?

they sunk the oil with "corexit" dispersant

Yeah, isn't that the stuff that is extremely toxic to EVERYTHING within a 30 mile radius???? Well, at least there is no more oil leak...........

redlite
07-15-2010, 01:37 PM
How long before we hear from "El Presidente" that "we" fixed the oil leak?

Seriously, it's about flippin' time.
If you have the technology and "experience to drill that far down, you should at least have some sort of "contingency" plan should something bad like this happens. Apparantly BP was too smart to need that, huh?:smash::fury::wall:
Apparantly they won't be needing BILLIONS of dollars over the next 10+ years as they PAY for the cleanup either.:smash:

Gonna pay for it pretty easy..... with US bailout $$$$ even though they aren't even an American Company............

UserRemoved1
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
BP: No oil leaking into Gulf from busted well - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100715/ap_on_bi_ge/us_gulf_oil_spill)

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART

UN %$%$%$%$ING BELIEVABLE! 87 DAYS.

Raven
07-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah, isn't that the stuff that is extremely toxic to EVERYTHING within a 30 mile radius???? Well, at least there is no more oil leak...........

corexit goes right thru your skin
instantly then you get bleeding at the rectum
burning skin, raspy sore throat
and other damage to your internal organs

this crap is gonna be spreading thru the ecosystem
in the gulf... and get into the RAIN AND ATMOSPHERE.

FishermanTim
07-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Next venture for BP will be to push for the return of "Agent Orange" for weed control.:smash:

Did anyone even bother to think what this stuff was and what it will do when sprayed into the water?
Does this stuff have a "shelf-life", where it will breakdown an become harmless, or will it be like PCB's and mercury that are FOREVER?

I can see the gulf region truly becoming an oceanfront "Love Canal" or "Civil Action" type of event, where the ocean will be dead or so highly contaminated that all fishing will be banned FOREVER.

Sure, the oil spill was a real disaster, but to add further insult to the region by purposely polluting the water beyond repair is diabolically evil!

I would LOVE to know why they needed to disperse the oil, when it was easier to track from the surface? I would say it was just a ploy to say "F**k you for making us pay for our own screw up!"
(You know, how employees like to take a parting shot at their employers when they get canned.)

I hope BP get taken for EVERY PENNY when paying for this fustercluck.

Raven
07-16-2010, 10:37 AM
its already affecting the economy negatively in so many ways.

as is the ban on offshore drilling because of their greedy tactics
and or short cuts to save money and the "we'll gamble with the
environmental disaster scenario..."
"and cross that bridge when we come to it strategy....." :hs:

by sinking the oil..............

they can clean less beaches...out of site -out of mind

and spread the cleanup over 15 years
at say 3 or 4 billion spent per year

so they'll build on the polluted sterile islands they created
to facilitate with the clean up effort... (uhuh yeah right)
then further their goals

and charge their customers (consumers)
that same amount and more to pay for it
by raising prices. it's coming. :uhuh:

ecduzitgood
07-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Thats great but I was really hoping to see a female after seeing the title:( .
Does anyone know what takes up the space that the oil was filling underground?

UserRemoved1
07-16-2010, 12:27 PM
a big vacuum

ecduzitgood
07-16-2010, 01:22 PM
a big vacuum

Are you saying it creates a big vacuum when you remove the oil?
If so perhaps we should increase the amount we take from the middle east and eventually the void created will take care of all the problems we are having there when it implodes.

UserRemoved1
07-16-2010, 02:29 PM
well think about it...there's tremendous pressure down there...you relieve the pressure and what happens...it sucks back in. There's no air...it's under water by a mile...sucks in water etc.

spence
07-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know what takes up the space that the oil was filling underground?
Usually something like seawater is pumped in to fill the space. A lot of the equipment is designed using our software and let me tell you, these are big boy toys.

-spence